Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 6/13/2009 2:06:04 PM EST
I am still torn between an optic for my mrp. Today I handled a RX30 reflex and it felt really solid. Took it outside in the sun and had 0 problem finding the dot. Maybe thats cause it's 6.5moa

I was suprised in a good way after handling it for 20 minutes. Anyone Here have any experience with the rx30? Please share your thoughts & opinions
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 3:48:57 PM EST
Best KISS sight currently available, IMHO. Huge FOV through the 42mm objective, very bright tritium & improved fiber optics that make reticle washout much harder to achieve.
With that being said you lose the reticle if anything (mud, dirt, snow, debris) falls in the emitter tunnel until the tunnel is cleared and impacts to the optic are absorbed directly by the windage & elevation adjustment mechanisms which leads me to question the long-term durability. While the 6.5moa dot is very usable out to 300m (my own tests) it can get *too* bright on sunny days w/tape or something similar over the fiber optics being the only way to lower it.
HTH...
Tomac
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 5:03:47 PM EST
Wouldn't Iron sights be the "Best KISS sights available"??

Link Posted: 6/13/2009 5:51:57 PM EST
HUGE describes it best.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 3:47:23 PM EST
I just bought one friday, so far I am very happy with it.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 5:30:14 PM EST
Damn, looks like a black beer can on your upper.

I looked thru one and the dot was huge as well....looks ok for CQB on the otherhand.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 6:19:57 PM EST
My guess..They had to go with a larger MOA reticle to overcome the engineering problems with preventing wash out...and it sounds like it achieved that.
Personally, I don't have an issue with a 6.5MOA as this type of optic is geared for speed at close range and not precision at long range.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 6:39:32 PM EST
I have one and like it alot..... outdoors. Not so much indoors as I think it has not completely solved the washout problem. The 6.5 moa dot is not too large for distances up to 100 yards or so IMO but it really is more of a CQB sight. As far as overall size it is very similar to a AA battery Eotech mounted backwards. They just look monstrous in the photos. It is very fast and the 42mm objective really is nice. In a outdoors training class style situation I prefer it to my Aimpoint micro. It is faster and the dot is sharper and easier to acquire rapidly. For indoors or when using a weapon light I like the Aimpoint better.

Link Posted: 6/15/2009 3:24:58 PM EST
Second the wash out problem. I T&E'd one for a month. Loved it outside, but indoors I had issues. When I illuminated a target with my weapon light, the dot would wash out. On a white background with the light on the dot disappeared. The smaller Reflex II's with triangle did not have as big an issue with this, FWIW.
Top Top