Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/9/2004 12:39:30 AM EDT
I will be building a new AR15 this Sunday night on a RRA lower and will be proud to have my first "preban" rifle.  The only downside I see to this now is that I know one day thes rifles will be treated the same way as registered machineguns are now.  They will require us all to register our rifles and pay a tax on them and then ban the manufacture of anymore.  Pretty soon they will go door to door taking them all.  It is like they can't have enough stupid laws.  What's next?  Banning private flying liscences to keep people out of planes?  Banning autos over a certain size because they are dangerous on the road?  I heard the details on a new ban one senator is trying to endorse and it made me sick.  It would ban virtually everything that has any grip of any form on it.  As happy as I am for Monday to come I think it will be bitter sweet in the end.  Sorry if it is in the wrong forum but I wanted to mention my new AR15 too.  I ordered through m-a parts and it will be a 11.5 inch upper with a permantly attached fake sound suppressor.  I tried to order from Model 1 sales but they said the only way I could order the 11.5 inch barrel was with a tax stamp no matter what was being welded to it.  It is funny how far the insanity goes!!!!hy.gif
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 1:53:55 AM EDT
[#1]
The people who want to ban our rifles are not going away. I'm sure that they will redouble their efforts. We must keep our guard up, support shooting rights orgainzations. Keep those letters and calls up to our elected officals.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 2:13:01 AM EDT
[#2]
Amen.  I am excited about getting a new AR15 again and I don't want anyone to spoil for me.  I didn't think it would be a big deal to buy a 11.5 inch upper if I was going to permantly add an attachment to make it 16 inches but Model 1 lost a customer  to m-a parts and now the barrel isn't chromed lined.  This will be my fourth AR15.  Two Bushys, an ASA, and now a RRA.  Any of you guys had trouble buying a short barrel to work with?
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 3:45:46 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 3:50:03 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Amen.  I am excited about getting a new AR15 again and I don't want anyone to spoil for me.  I didn't think it would be a big deal to buy a 11.5 inch upper if I was going to permantly add an attachment to make it 16 inches but Model 1 lost a customer  to m-a parts and now the barrel isn't chromed lined.  This will be my fourth AR15.  Two Bushys, an ASA, and now a RRA.  Any of you guys had trouble buying a short barrel to work with?

No.  I bought a new 11.5" 1/7 HBAR barrel from Pete at Legal Transfers.  I also bought the 5.5" FH to permanently attach to it.  No problems at all.

If I were you and you really wanted an 11.5"/5.5" setup, I'd get this one:

Bushmaster 11.5"/5.5" Upper
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 9:39:15 AM EDT
[#5]
Will YOU register and pay tax on your rifle?

Not me.  They fell in the river on a canoeing trip.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 9:41:04 AM EDT
[#6]
I wish I could get that Bushy upper with an A1 receiver.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 10:18:36 AM EDT
[#7]
Aw Jeez!
The current ban isn't even dead, and you guys are looking for a new one.
We need to start fighting to repeal other stuff, like DC gun ban, Sound Suppressors, Full Auto, Import Ban, etc...
Put them on the defensive, and they will forget about the "Assault Weapons" that aren't really assualt weapons, and worry about the streets flowing with machine guns, be sold out of the trunk of cars, and out of ice cream trucks.

You see, with all their horrible lies, it is still breing repealed.
Normal Americans, ( )who know little about guns, are hearing every day that machine guns will be available next week, and they aren't having strokes.  They really aren't very concerned.  Many probably think it is better to have them with all the terrorists out there.

Think Positive!
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top