Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/27/2013 6:40:52 PM EDT
Had the rifle for a few years and have not shot it.  Been holding out for "the perfact"optic.  Tired of waiting on funds for an optic that may not come (good gun deal seems to keep getting in the way).  Now I ready to just scope it and shoot it.  Would like to stay around $350.00.  Would spend a little more if I was getting a lot more scope.  I "think" I would want a 2X10X? However, a 3X9X? may be was better value.  Think I want an illuminated retical.  Any thoughts/suggestions would be appriecated.  Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 7/27/2013 7:07:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Nikon P-223 4X12
Good glass for $250.00 and leaves you enough for a Burris AR Mount.
Should be right at $350.00 for both with shipping.
Link Posted: 7/27/2013 7:08:20 PM EDT
[#2]
The Weaver Grand Slam tactical is a very good value for the money at $300.  I had one until I upgraded to a Vortex Viper PST.

Link Posted: 7/27/2013 7:26:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The Weaver Grand Slam tactical is a very good value for the money at $300.  I had one until I upgraded to a Vortex Viper PST.

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/598484/weaver-tactical-grand-slam-rifle-scope-3-10x-40mm-1-10-mil-adjustments-mil-dot-reticle-matte

View Quote

This.
Link Posted: 7/27/2013 10:32:49 PM EDT
[#4]
http://

Have you considered the Bushnell 1xMP or 2xMP? With the included mount, it's under 16oz. It's a green dot/red dot T with 5 brightness adjustment settings for each. The dot is a 1 moa and the adjustments for windage and elevation are .25" per click. I have the 1xMP and am quite happy with it. It's shown excellent accuracy at 100 yards. One note, even though the green dot/T is bright, it washes out in light. I've got a Fenix Tk22 weapon mounted flashlight rated up to 650 lumens. At night when I hit that light I can see the red dot clearly (at high settings) but the green dot washes out. This is not a problem because I've got a mounted green light laser so the red dot is perfect. Here's the beauty, you can find this scope with integral mount for around $150.00. I picked 1x over the 2x for cqb, but 2x may be what you want. You mentioned you wanted high magnification but the price break puts most scopes with quality and no issues out of reach. Hope this helped.
Link Posted: 7/27/2013 11:28:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Natchez Shooter Supply just sent email (7/28/13) announcing a sale on Millett "Designated Marksman" IX4 scope on sale $199.95
Link Posted: 7/28/2013 1:56:35 AM EDT
[#6]
I have a Leupold Mark AR with LaRue mount, very happy with this set up.  I can zero the scope and remove and reattach it without loosing zero...
Link Posted: 7/28/2013 7:52:39 AM EDT
[#7]
Also consider the SWFA SS MIL series of fixed power scopes.  A whole lot of quality (where it counts) for $299.  IMO, I don't see getting a good quality variable w/ illum for $350.  Doing variable magnification well cost money...and doing illum well costs a lot more.  Any budget scope with both for ~$350 is probably junk.

I have had a 16" match stainless barrel for my MRP for over a year that I haven't shot because I don't have an optic to go with it...same boat as you.  I'm going with a SS 6X42 or 10x42 Mil.  Great reticule, rugged, adjustments track perfectly, good glass (for the price).  I know I would almost never use illum...and am willing to sacrifice variable mag. for price (that hurts though, FFP 3x9 would be nice).
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top