Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
Member Login

Posted: 12/29/2003 3:22:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/29/2003 3:23:47 PM EDT by wyv3rn]
I purchased a TangoDown LLC Battlegrip but found it very uncomfortable.  So now I am trying to figure out a different way to store stuff in the pistol grip.  Bushmaster sells a "Stowaway grip" and also a "grip plug" for standard AR15 pistol grip.

Anyone have ANY experience or comments on these?

At the moment I am leaning toward the grip plug, as long as it is solidly secure.  Inside I could wrap the batteries in bubblewrap and tape or whatever.  I am sure these are not as quite as nice of a solution as the Battlegrip but the ergonomics of the Battlegrip were unnacceptable for me.  I did notice that the battlegrip rattled with batteries in it, the grip plug with bubble wrapped batteries won't, so that is one plus.

Any other ideas or comments are welcome.  TIA.

Edited to add:  Not to poison the responses but the "Stowaway grip" trapdoor just looks way fragile to me.  Also, the rubber "grip plug" should seal the grip from water a little bit better, I just want to make sure it doesn't come out when it's not supposed to.
Link Posted: 12/29/2003 4:22:27 PM EDT
I have a "grip plug" for my Bushy but I don't like it.
It keeps falling out while shooting the gun.
Brownell's carries a storage grip made by Falcon but the photo in the catalog doesn't show how the device works (trapdoor I would assume). It's also less expensive than the Bushmaster model.
Good luck,
PKB223
Top Top