Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/5/2010 6:41:47 AM EDT
I intend on building a custom flattop upper for my pre-ban Colt Match Target (original upper has the integral carry handle and I want/need to run an optic on it).  Since the original rifle is large hole, I'm going to use a Daniel Defense Big Hole upper and their 12 inch M4 rail.  I need to decide on a barrel and want to stay with a 20", but I can't decide which specific one.  I'm looking at and considering the following:

1.  WOA DMR 20"

2.  BCM standard 20" (gov't profile)

3.  WOA Service Rifle

4. Krieger DCM  

I know the latter 2 are HBAR contour/weight barrels, while the first 2 are lighter and the BCM at least is probably slimmer.  I like/have nor problem with the weight of the original HBAR, but its the only AR I fired to any real degree.  The rifle will be used mostly as a range gun––paper targets at 100 and 200 yards, although I could see getting into 3 gun.  I'd appreciate your thoughts, particularly if you have personal experience with these specific barrels.  Also would welcome recommendations if I missed one or more other options out there.  Thanks.
Link Posted: 3/5/2010 8:02:48 AM EDT
[#1]
BCM standard 20" (gov't profile).
Link Posted: 3/5/2010 1:46:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Who has the Kreigers in stock?
Link Posted: 3/5/2010 3:49:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Is your Colt an HBAR? If so I would go lite weight/.gov profile on this build.
Link Posted: 3/5/2010 6:47:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Who has the Kreigers in stock?

Krieger is showing SS and CM DCM barrels in stock on their inventory list (last updated 26FEB).

Also showing SS 1-7.7 & 1-7 as well.
Link Posted: 3/7/2010 6:20:43 AM EDT
[#5]
any other thoughts?
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 4:36:26 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
any other thoughts?

Sell the Colt and buy a Rock River Match rifle with a flat top if you like and shoot it. You will be happy with the trigger and accuracy . as well as using standard parts instead of large hole stuff
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top