Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 3/5/2010 6:41:47 AM EDT
I intend on building a custom flattop upper for my pre-ban Colt Match Target (original upper has the integral carry handle and I want/need to run an optic on it).  Since the original rifle is large hole, I'm going to use a Daniel Defense Big Hole upper and their 12 inch M4 rail.  I need to decide on a barrel and want to stay with a 20", but I can't decide which specific one.  I'm looking at and considering the following:

1.  WOA DMR 20"

2.  BCM standard 20" (gov't profile)

3.  WOA Service Rifle

4. Krieger DCM  

I know the latter 2 are HBAR contour/weight barrels, while the first 2 are lighter and the BCM at least is probably slimmer.  I like/have nor problem with the weight of the original HBAR, but its the only AR I fired to any real degree.  The rifle will be used mostly as a range gun––paper targets at 100 and 200 yards, although I could see getting into 3 gun.  I'd appreciate your thoughts, particularly if you have personal experience with these specific barrels.  Also would welcome recommendations if I missed one or more other options out there.  Thanks.
Link Posted: 3/5/2010 8:02:48 AM EDT
BCM standard 20" (gov't profile).
Link Posted: 3/5/2010 1:46:34 PM EDT
Who has the Kreigers in stock?
Link Posted: 3/5/2010 3:49:12 PM EDT
Is your Colt an HBAR? If so I would go lite weight/.gov profile on this build.
Link Posted: 3/5/2010 6:47:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/5/2010 6:48:09 PM EDT by ch11x]
Originally Posted By HS2:
Who has the Kreigers in stock?

Krieger is showing SS and CM DCM barrels in stock on their inventory list (last updated 26FEB).

Also showing SS 1-7.7 & 1-7 as well.
Link Posted: 3/7/2010 6:20:43 AM EDT
any other thoughts?
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 4:36:26 AM EDT
Originally Posted By sgausch:
any other thoughts?

Sell the Colt and buy a Rock River Match rifle with a flat top if you like and shoot it. You will be happy with the trigger and accuracy . as well as using standard parts instead of large hole stuff
Top Top