Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/2/2005 5:37:49 PM EDT
I just traded for another AR upper. I was told that this is a factory Bushmaster target upper. 20 in. heavy stainless barrel, flat-top reciever, free-float tube etc. However, my barrel is marked "SUM 5.56", which leads me to believe this is actually an Olympic barrel, the whole thing has a really slick black finish, almost like teflon moly, but harder. Any idea what the hell it actually is? Even as an Oly, it's easily worth more than I have in it. I'm also trying to determine the twist rate, I tried the tight fitting patch on the cleaning rod trick, but my jag keeps unscrewing. Of course the barrels not marked with this information. I think this must be an oldie.

Bob
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 5:47:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Try pulling your cleaning rod through the barrel rather than pushing.  This will keep the rod from unthreading.
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 5:50:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 6:26:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Olympic SUM 5.56 barrel? The common twist rate is 1:10...
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 9:00:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 9:07:07 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
But if he pulls the cleaning rod instead of pushing then wouldn't he have to count backwards?

Only South of the Equator.

WIZZO
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 7:04:03 AM EDT
[#6]
The barrel is an Oly barrel.  Definitely not Bushmaster.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top