Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/3/2004 3:23:47 PM EDT
I got to try a tango down vertical grip and I did not like it. First it is bigger than a KAC vetical grip (which I am used to) and the size was ok. The oval shape however was not. It seemed to me that the oval was 90 degrees in the wrong direction as I had the urge to grip the thing sideways.

Next I did not like was how much of a pain it was to get on and off or to move it around on the rail. It  just about took two people to manipulate the thing.  Now this was a new one and maybe with time the locking mechanisum won't be so hard to make work. I take my grips on and off all the time, so the ease of use for adding and removing the grip is needed here.

So for me I will be sticking with ole reliable (KAC) for the time being.

IPSC_GUY (flame suit ON)
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 3:37:31 PM EDT
[#1]
To each his own,

Are you going to sell your TD vertical grip on EE?
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 3:38:34 PM EDT
[#2]
i dont' like TD's really either...   i'll stick with my KAC
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 4:08:03 PM EDT
[#3]
No flames necessary. To each his own, I always say...

I like the tango down for all the reason you dislike it. The oval on the grip is oriented the way I like it. I don't hold a vertical grip w/ my thumb facing forward, I hold it with my left hand, and my thumb facing right. When I want to activate my light, I move my hand around a touch and can depress the clicker on my light ( I use a yankee hill offset mount so it isnt a far reach).

Yes, it takes some effort to position the grip, but by no means does it take 2 people and I'd rather know my grip isn't moving once its installed.
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 4:09:41 PM EDT
[#4]
+1  I did'nt like the TD verticle grip either.  Too fat, to much BS.  I like my GG&G grip.
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 4:11:54 PM EDT
[#5]
KAC fits me fine.  Makes me shoot faster and more accurate.  
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 4:16:01 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
i dont' like TD's really either...   i'll stick with my KAC

+1,

and a Dieter for when I run my light.
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 4:17:45 PM EDT
[#7]
No flames, I got rid of all my VFGs.
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 4:19:07 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I got to try a tango down vertical grip today and I did not like it. First it is bigger than a KAC vetical grip (which I am used to) and the size was ok. The oval shape however was not. It seemed to me that the oval was 90 degrees in the wrong direction as I had the urge to grip the thing sideways.

Next I did not like was how much of a pain it was to get on and off or to move it around on the rail. It  just about took two people to manipulate the thing.  Now this was a new one and maybe with time the locking mechanisum won't be so hard to make work. I take my grips onn and off all the time, so the ease of use for adding and removing the grip is needed here.

So for me I will be sticking with ole reliable (KAC) for the time being.

IPSC_GUY (flame suit ON)

My sentiments exactly.  I went back to my KAC.  If they ever make a QD Dieter, however...
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 4:20:49 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 4:26:24 PM EDT
[#10]
I feel the same way IPSC_Guy does about the TD VFG. Oval 90 degrees off for me. I now run Knights and Dieter VFGs.

To each his own.........
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 4:27:31 PM EDT
[#11]
So, what do you want for the tango down?
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 5:29:18 PM EDT
[#12]
I didnt like it either... alos didnt like the way it was lop sided and larger on the right side than the left in addition to being way wider than it was from front to back.  The pistol grip is also too thin at the top and its too fat at the bottom.
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 8:24:59 PM EDT
[#13]
Ok the grip is not mine. It was a sample provided to 2nd Force in hopes that they might buy them and replace the Knights grips. I doubt that is going to happen for the above mentioned reasons. I haven't had a chance to try the dieter yet.

IPSC_GUY
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 8:31:13 PM EDT
[#14]
I prefer the KAC as well.
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 8:40:48 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

IPSC_GUY (flame suit ON)

Thought I would flame ya. Couldn't let you feel like you dawned your flame suit for nothing.

Link Posted: 10/3/2004 9:32:21 PM EDT
[#16]
Can you take pics of this oval you are talking about . I have been thinking of getting one , but I have never seen one aside from adds and flattering shots on the net .
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 10:46:05 PM EDT
[#17]
There is something wrong going on here if you can't voice your opinion without getting flamed. If you said matter of factly that something was junk...well that might be a different story.
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 11:57:17 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 12:55:09 AM EDT
[#19]
I like mine, I agree, it is a pain in the ass to install.  I have to use 4 allen wrenches to hold the bars down.  I cant pull the bars down and slide the TD along the rail
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 2:02:32 AM EDT
[#20]
Dieter forward grip.  Too big and it's made of aluminum which absorbs heat out in the hot sun all day at a match.  You have to put a bicycle inner tube over it but that's like making love to a girl with a bag over her head.  
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 3:32:46 AM EDT
[#21]
Yeah , it's funny how something feels wrong in your hand ...........

Especially when all your life your used to the shape of another cylindrical object
you been hanging on too .

enough for ya
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 6:45:14 AM EDT
[#22]
Didn't like the TD grip either.  I love my KAC though.

Link Posted: 10/4/2004 7:20:01 AM EDT
[#23]
+1 for the GG&G...just right...for me.
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 7:23:18 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
+1 for the GG&G...just right...for me.

+2 Round cross-section, battery/bolt storage, QD, machined not molded

And yes, feels more familar
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 8:14:33 AM EDT
[#25]
I've been using a KAC for a few years, and finally got around to trying the TD.  It's a little bigger than I was expecting, even after reading all the reviews.  So far it feels OK, but I may end up going back to the KAC.
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 11:41:02 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
Can you take pics of this oval you are talking about . I have been thinking of getting one , but I have never seen one aside from adds and flattering shots on the net .

Its not even oval its more like a lop sided lumpy egg shape where one side sticks out more than another.
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 7:01:00 PM EDT
[#27]

Its not even oval its more like a lop sided lumpy egg shape where one side sticks out more than another.

That is a good way to describe it to tell you the truth. The more I use my KAC after trying the TD grip, the more I like my KAC.

IPSC_GUY
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 7:34:40 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
So, what do you want for the tango down?

Sold it long ago......

Quoted:
Dieter forward grip.  Too big and it's made of aluminum which absorbs heat out in the hot sun all day at a match.  You have to put a bicycle inner tube over it but that's like making love to a girl with a bag over her head.  

That is why they make kevlar and nomex gloves. I still like my Dieter grip.
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 9:20:56 PM EDT
[#29]
Sombody please take a pic of this . I understand it is shaped wierd , but exactly how bad is it?
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top