Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/10/2006 4:32:08 PM EDT
If anyone has info on PWA Pac-Western Arms AR-15 lower, and an upper with the barrel marked "c mp 5.56 nato 1/7", are they good/bad.  what is a good price
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 6:56:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Do you mean a lower receiver or an entire rifle?  PWA was made out of Milan, IL, and they only made receivers - no complete rifles.  Went out of business some years back.  Prices for a stripped receiver - the last one I bought from RB Precision was $90 shipped, and I've seen them as high as $175, but that was before the AWB sunset.

Expect the receiver to be worth $90-115 depending upon condition.  Some people will pay more, some people will spring for a NEW Rock River or CMT for the same price range.

I have eight ARs.  One is a Colt.  One is a CMT.  The other six are PWAs.  I am working on a seventh as we speak.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 5:24:12 AM EDT
[#2]
thanks for the info
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 9:47:39 AM EDT
[#3]
I too own a number of AR's built on PWA lowers.  Back in the 80's and 90's when Pac West Arms was in business out of Olympia, WA, they did not sell complete rifles.  The most you could get was a rifle "Kit" less the barrel.  This way they avoided paying federal excise taxes I believe.

The quality and workmanship of the PWA stuff was superb.  The urban legend has it that Lewis Machine & Tool actually made the lowers for PWA.  LMT is located in Milan, IL which happens to be the same location stamped on all PWA lowers.

Your barrel sounds like it may be manufactured by Colt.  If the chamber and bore are chrome plated, it most likely is a Colt part.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 10:18:57 AM EDT
[#4]
More info, sight unseen no more than 600 bucks.  More info we can forecast the amount.

Max
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 12:57:31 PM EDT
[#5]
thanks guys all the info helped a bunch
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top