Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
PSA
Member Login

Site Notices
2/21/2020 11:35:28 PM
Posted: 10/29/2004 6:38:41 PM EST
I'm thinking that tax refund season is around the corner (thank you Mr. President), and I might try to swing a second rifle (or a conceal carry pistol smaller than my USP45FS or BOTH)!

Anyway, started shopping Bushmaster, Armalite, DPMS, etc. Not really seeing something that just screams out - buy me.

Currently have Bushmaster 16" A3.

Features desired: collapsable stock (4 Pos), threaded barrel (no one seems to have these on stock models), flash suppressor -open to which one, like the chrome lined barrels, ambi safety cause I'm a lefty. Probably M4 style unless someone has a good reason not to.

Don't want a carry handle because I'll probably put my EOTech on it and put my handle back on my old rife. Flip up front site? Free floating? Worth the extra cost?

Buy stock rifle? Piece it together myself? Looking for suggestions.

My 13 year old son will inherit my other rifle. Assuming Bush is elected I will wait a few more years to buy one and put it aside for my youngest son. If Skerry elected I may just buy lowers.
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 6:46:25 PM EST
Build it yourself.

If you already have an A3 carbine.... I'd say build a nice 20" A3 rifle, on a Bushmaster gov't profile barrel.
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 7:36:52 PM EST
I love my carbine. Advantages of 20" over 16" other than accuracy (not that accuracy isn't important). Then I'd be tempted to put a scope on it and keep my EOTech on my other rifle. Decisions, decisions.
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 8:07:51 PM EST
Have you considered an SBR. An 11.5" with the EOtech sounds sweet.
Maybe get an LMT Lauer lower, J&T LPK and then pick up an LMT upper 10.5 or 11.5". And you can always put a 14.5'' on it. I have 3 uppers for my SBR. In fact it is sitting next to me as I type. Has the 11.5'' upper on it right now.
Get a colt bolt is my advice.
buttstock? Look at the Magpul. Pretty nice, very stout, great cheekweld. Or the standard telestock. There are others, of course.
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 8:34:59 PM EST
I thought my carbine was compact. Have to think about it.
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 6:17:44 AM EST

Originally Posted By MissouriBob:
I thought my carbine was compact. Have to think about it.

A little hassle, expense and time(which it sounds like you have). I'm certain you will be happy you did.

If you do so all you need is a lower to get the process started. A minimal investment.
Top Top