Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/4/2005 4:30:17 PM EDT
what do you guys think?

http://www.riflescopes.com/products/6472/nikon_6-18x40_buckmaster_riflescope.htm
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 4:47:57 PM EDT
[#1]
I've got the 4.5-14 sidefocus with mildot and don't have any complaints other than that it's not a one piece tube.  Glass is nice, adjustments are good, and it's a good price.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 5:24:23 PM EDT
[#2]
I've got the 4.5x14x40 AO...it's a very nice scope.  It's sitting on my Savage Model 12 .223 right now, but I've had it on an AR for a while.

The only complaint I have about Nikon scopes is they are Looooonnnnnngggggg ...several inches longer for the same amount of magnifcation than some other scopes, like Burris.

Out of curiosity, what price are you looking at?  If it's at all close to $300, you might want to look at the Weaver Grand Slam in 6x20x40.  I've got one of those as well, and I like it better than the Nikon.  They go for around $335, so there's not that much difference pricewise between the two, I don't think.  

I don't think you'll regret the Buckmaster, personally.  There seems to be 2 schools of thought around here...some folks like them than other scopes costing significantly more, others are kinda meh about them.  I like them, myself.  

EDIT...for that kind of money, I'd get the Grand Slam.  
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 5:45:39 PM EDT
[#3]
I've had 4 Nikon scopes, three 3x9's and a 6.5x20.
Two of the 3x9 Monarchs fogged internally.
I currently own zero, and will never buy another.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 6:09:12 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I've got the 4.5x14x40 AO...it's a very nice scope.  It's sitting on my Savage Model 12 .223 right now, but I've had it on an AR for a while.

The only complaint I have about Nikon scopes is they are Looooonnnnnngggggg ...several inches longer for the same amount of magnifcation than some other scopes, like Burris.

Out of curiosity, what price are you looking at?  If it's at all close to $300, you might want to look at the Weaver Grand Slam in 6x20x40.  I've got one of those as well, and I like it better than the Nikon.  They go for around $335, so there's not that much difference pricewise between the two, I don't think.  

I don't think you'll regret the Buckmaster, personally.  There seems to be 2 schools of thought around here...some folks like them than other scopes costing significantly more, others are kinda meh about them.  I like them, myself.  

EDIT...for that kind of money, I'd get the Grand Slam.  

I guess that what the nikon scope and I have in common

anyways, I was looking for some thing with a side focus
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 6:10:04 PM EDT
[#5]
I had a 3x-9x and was not impressed...I currently have a Swift 6x-18x and a 3.5x-10x and the optics are much better.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top