Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/5/2006 3:56:29 PM EDT
Im looking at picking up a supressor, but I don't plan on using it constantly... I've read some good things about the Krink hider lately... IS there anyway to work those two options together or am I just talking crazy now? I've never actually seen or played with one... just looking around at stuff
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 5:01:04 PM EDT
[#1]
by *krink* I assume you mean the AK-74U style expansion chamber? If so, it really serves only one purpose, that of an expansion chamber to improve the reability of short barreled rifle -- in the case of the AR, it is no use whatsoever on anything that does not suffer from a short dwell problem.

A sound suppressor is in itself an expansion chamber and increases the back pressure even more than the *krink* style expansion chambers... often to the point of being too much, but then I see a lot of people putting expansion chambers of barrels that I quarentee all they are doing is making the timing worse... but it looks cool.

You give no idea of what the base rifle is, so answering your question is very tough... but if you want some sort of combination expansion chamber/sound suppressor, the original moderators from the XM177E2 is not bad (carbons up sort of fast) -- of course the short, purpose built modern moderators are far better.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 5:09:34 PM EDT
[#2]
no answering the qeustion is in no way tough.. You must be trying toread too much into it beyond the actual question. Maybe i didn't word it quite right.. /shrugs/

All I want to know is if there's a way to put a sound supressor on wiht that krink flash hider. I gather the answer to this question is no, so i'm okay with that.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 9:59:14 PM EDT
[#3]
yes its possible, a threaded barrel holds the krink and a supressor can also be on a threaded barrel. its easy, just match the thread patterns.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 10:30:39 PM EDT
[#4]
I think he means having the krink flash hider (which is cone shaped) AND the supressor mounted on top of it? That is not possible. There are only a couple flash hiders that allow a silencer to slip on over them. The krink isn't one of them.

- rem
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 11:08:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Why would you want to combine the two? The supressor does a similar task as the krink flash supressor plus more. Plus the krink supressor requires an open face to work, the supressor attached would not allow for the krink supressor to work properly unless you had an integrated supressor to the barrel of the rifle.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 9:54:49 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Why would you want to combine the two? The supressor does a similar task as the krink flash supressor plus more.  

welp pretty simple reason why, I don't need to gun quiet most of the time... So eliminate extra length and not get funny looks from people on the range. plus save the lifespan of the thing. IN the meantime have a good litlte fancy flash hider and all..

I just didn't know if somebody made one that would work with it or some kind of adapter or whatever
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 11:46:54 AM EDT
[#7]
I heard Noveske was considering some sort of option that would allow you to pull the front of the unit off and replace it with a suppressor body making the flash hider body the rear of the suppressor.  Hope that makes sense.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 12:21:28 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
...plus save the lifespan of the thing.

You'll probably wear out a half dozen barrels before you wear out a sound suppressor. Even if you actually did, you can send it back to the manufacturer for a rebuild with no new paperwork.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 3:29:28 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I heard Noveske was considering some sort of option that would allow you to pull the front of the unit off and replace it with a suppressor body making the flash hider body the rear of the suppressor.  Hope that makes sense.

That would be awesome, espeically since I'm turning 21 soon, so my SBR and Can paper work will be heading off sometime and I'd like a Noveske Krink for when the Can is not in use.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 7:35:03 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:
...plus save the lifespan of the thing.

You'll probably wear out a half dozen barrels before you wear out a sound suppressor. Even if you actually did, you can send it back to the manufacturer for a rebuild with no new paperwork.

but dude, i have a colt
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top