Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 11/7/2003 7:41:00 AM EDT
All I can think about all day and night is the BUSH M4 I am saving for. Cant focus, cant eat, dont sleep well, etc. Mabye exagerated a little but am i alone. It is all i can thinkl about, iwant iwant iwant.
Link Posted: 11/7/2003 8:01:02 AM EDT
[#1]
Welcome to the addiction, if you haven't been already.
You'll find these are like potato chips, you can't have just one...
Link Posted: 11/7/2003 8:05:13 AM EDT
[#2]
I have owned  many firearms,  but must admit their is something unique about ARs,  their  plum addictive. [:D]

TG

Link Posted: 11/7/2003 8:32:35 AM EDT
[#3]
I've got my first AR,  (RRA Varmint 16) on the way from Adco, and I find myself counting the days 'til it arrives like a little kid.  Of course, I'm also checking my mailbox for 5 30rd mags, and an EOTech 552!  Now for ammo..........

I hope it's not TOO addictive.  I've sworn to my wife that this is my LAST gun.....  (for a while anyway.)  I don't have the heart to tell her about the DPMS .22LR upper or the 24" Krieger-barreled upper or the Gen III NV I'm am lusting for.

I understand!!!
Link Posted: 11/7/2003 8:43:16 AM EDT
[#4]
My Colt AR/Mt 20' is the best gun I have ever owned!
Link Posted: 11/7/2003 8:51:43 AM EDT
[#5]
I would be afraid to think of all the guns I've owned.  BUT, I have an SEBR AR-10 Carbine and an SEAK-74 on order and I'm just about as excited as I was when I got that single shot .410 from Western Auto all those years ago.  Got it for my 12th birthday and that was the first gun that was all mine.

Sadly I must report to you that the affliction does not diminish with age !!

5sub
Link Posted: 11/7/2003 8:55:31 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
All I can think about all day and night is the BUSH M4 I am saving for. Cant focus, cant eat, dont sleep well, etc. Mabye exagerated a little but am i alone. It is all i can thinkl about, iwant iwant iwant.
View Quote

Make that a Colt M4 and yeah, I can relate...[:D]
--RR
Link Posted: 11/7/2003 9:04:18 AM EDT
[#7]
In deed, this is an addiction.  Just wait until the 1911 bug bites you too.

I bought my first AR in August of last year (2002).  Since then I have acquired two more complete ARs and I have a RRA Varminter upper that should be here any day.  I already have many parts to build another lower.  Plus, I'm also getting two more stripped lowers without even really knowing what I else want.  Yea, it's a sickness.

But, as far as vices go, collecting guns isn't so bad.  Buy right and they hold their value pretty well.
Link Posted: 11/7/2003 9:17:47 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I've sworn to my wife that this is my LAST gun.....  (for a while anyway.)
View Quote

For future reference, DON'T do this.  It will bite you in the ass!  

Have to admit the AR addiction is worse than the 1911 addiction.  I do lose sleep at night thinking about going to the range, where I'm going to get money for a couple cases of ammo, what I should do with the extra upper I've got, ARMS 50 for the carbine or PRI tube for the second upper... so many choices!!!

Link Posted: 11/7/2003 9:20:31 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I've sworn to my wife that this is my LAST gun.....  (for a while anyway.)
View Quote

For future reference, DON'T do this.  It will bite you in the ass!  

View Quote

Every time !
Link Posted: 11/7/2003 9:50:01 AM EDT
[#10]
Well, for your own good, never let anyone hand you a full auto to play with!
Link Posted: 11/7/2003 10:04:19 AM EDT
[#11]
I'm not addicted, I only have one and it's called:
RRA
Armalite
Bushmaster

One rifle category!
Link Posted: 11/7/2003 10:10:12 AM EDT
[#12]
I don't know which is more expensive to keep:
Women or Firearms. [;D]

Either way, I'm always happily broke!

Brotha, can ya spare a mag?  [:)]
Link Posted: 11/7/2003 12:27:43 PM EDT
[#13]
"These are worse than drugs. "

yes, yes they are.
Link Posted: 11/7/2003 12:30:22 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

the 1911's are almost at bad. when i get burned out on the AR's i switch my addiction to the 1911's. then i switch back and forth and back and forth.

it's like i'm bi-polar.
Link Posted: 11/7/2003 12:35:59 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I bought my first AR in August of last year (2002).  Since then I have acquired two more complete ARs and I have a RRA Varminter upper that should be here any day.  I already have many parts to build another lower.  Plus, I'm also getting two more stripped lowers without even really knowing what I else want.  Yea, it's a sickness.

But, as far as vices go, collecting guns isn't so bad.  Buy right and they hold their value pretty well.
View Quote

Beat me to it.

I bought my first AR last February, spent a couple thousand on "stuff" for it since.

Bought a Wilson CQB 1911 last month, and JUST got off the phone with Wilson ordering "stuff" for it.

[rolleyes]
Link Posted: 11/7/2003 12:44:02 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

Oh Ya!  I've enjoyed an MP5, UZI, and a few other very habit forming full auto toys!!
Link Posted: 11/7/2003 1:46:38 PM EDT
[#17]
I cannot agree more. I just recently got bit by the "AR" bug. I just purchased a Bushmaster last Saturday. It seems that if I do not go out to the range, I need to touch it at least once a day. [bounce]
Link Posted: 11/7/2003 2:09:42 PM EDT
[#18]
The rifle itself is only the begining. Optics, mounts, slings, forearm rail system, lights, lasers, grips, stocks, buis, ammo, case, tactical latch, cleaning suplies, vertical grips,2 stage triggers, bipods and it goes on and on. Then when you think youve reached the end, not even close, time for a second rifle. And it goes on and on. But you will like it.
Link Posted: 11/7/2003 2:29:55 PM EDT
[#19]
Wait until you build your first one...
Link Posted: 11/7/2003 3:24:11 PM EDT
[#20]
What about buying ammo by the case?  You two forgot about that.
The only time True Ar15/M16 shooters buy as little as 100 rounds at a time is to try out a new store or a brand/style/variety of ammo.
I don’t know about any other Veterans around here, but this year I’ve shot more .223/5.56 ammo this year than I ever have while I was wearing my Uniform.
Link Posted: 11/7/2003 3:31:51 PM EDT
[#21]
AR's & 1911's....5.56 & .45...[devil]
Link Posted: 11/7/2003 3:33:37 PM EDT
[#22]
I blame all of you for my addiction.

When I started posting here I had just sold off my last non Colt ARs and was down to two...

...Two months ago I bought a 6400c M4 carbine.

...Two weeks ago I got four stripped RRA lowers.

I hate all of you [:D]
Link Posted: 11/7/2003 5:00:41 PM EDT
[#23]
This is close to on topic so I've got to ask.  A little background.  I put together an AR with a J&T kit.  Yes I know its no Colt or Bushy, but it shoots well and I have only had 1 minor issue in about 2000 rounds that I was able to fix easily.

As I mentioned above I lose sleep at night thinking about all the accessories that I could get.  So, do you think it is worth it to start adding things like an Eotech or a SIR to a gun that only cost me $650 in the current configuration?  I'm having a little trouble justifying $700 in accessories when the gun didn't cost that much.

The addiction goes on!
Scott
Link Posted: 11/7/2003 5:12:04 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
This is close to on topic so I've got to ask.  A little background.  I put together an AR with a J&T kit.  Yes I know its no Colt or Bushy, but it shoots well and I have only had 1 minor issue in about 2000 rounds that I was able to fix easily.

As I mentioned above I lose sleep at night thinking about all the accessories that I could get.  So, do you think it is worth it to start adding things like an Eotech or a SIR to a gun that only cost me $650 in the current configuration?  I'm having a little trouble justifying $700 in accessories when the gun didn't cost that much.

The addiction goes on!
Scott
View Quote

If they help you achieve whatever it is you want to accomplish with the gun, then yes...absolutely.
Link Posted: 11/7/2003 6:28:17 PM EDT
[#25]
Watertower, you can allways use the accesories on your 2nd and 3rd rifles that are more expensive ones. So you may as well get the use out of them on this rifle too.
Link Posted: 11/7/2003 7:27:03 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Watertower, you can allways use the accesories on your 2nd and 3rd rifles that are more expensive ones. So you may as well get the use out of them on this rifle too.
View Quote

The second rifle has already started and won't be using the same accessories, but I like the way you think.

Bradd_d,
That is a good point.  I think by adding a few things to this rifle I'll have what I want for a carbine.  No sense in droping the cash into another rifle and adding to it when this one works.  Of course by the time this one is where I want it to be I will have changed my mind.  Then it will be time for a third AR.
Scott
Link Posted: 11/7/2003 7:27:47 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote

A big 10-4 there. I had so much fun shooting my Colt M1991A1 and had to use up my other gun permit and wanted to get something not series 80 so I bought a SA 1911-A1 WWII Mil-Spec. I just got the SA the other day so it goes into the "to shoot list". I'm thinking the SA is just begging for a few mods.
Link Posted: 11/8/2003 9:48:14 AM EDT
[#28]
Just bought my second AR, a standard A2 Bushy. I had a shorty Bushy, but had to sell it some months back to raise funds for another project. This one's a keeper. Can't say I'll buy another anytime soon, but I am thinking of another upper.
Link Posted: 11/9/2003 1:39:27 AM EDT
[#29]
It's a bug, my girlfriend calls my m4 the other woman.  I told her she might as well just join in on the fun but thinks an AR is too much gun for her so i'm putting together a little 10/22 bullpup for her so she can go plinking with me.

Digital
Link Posted: 11/9/2003 2:24:51 AM EDT
[#30]
yes it is.
and 5 rifles later......i'm still wanting [size=4][b]MORE![/b][/size=4]
Link Posted: 11/9/2003 2:43:49 AM EDT
[#31]
You are royally phucked when you start running out of reasons for another gun as far as an alibi with the wife goes.

"Why do we need this many AR's?"

"I want everyone in the house to have a common weapon"

one year later...

"Why are you buying AK's - I thought you wanted common weapons?"
Link Posted: 11/9/2003 7:33:21 AM EDT
[#32]
My very first girl (after my issued 20" in the Corps) was a Colt Gov. AR15Carbine - i will never sell it.
But then the AWB was comming, so I thought ....well why not ..they'll only go up in value.
So i got a Bushy Carbine or 2.
An OlyARms Carbine or 3.???

But all that has changed now.  I am REFORMED!
Many years ago I sold all that off, and just kept my "first"...and one of the OlyArms too.

But then as I got older, I grew nostagic for that to long and heavy 20"er I spent 1000's of hours with.  So I had to buy one of those.  But it had to be the Gov. Profile barrel, so it would be truly nostalgic and not an addiction.  And in being tryly nostalgic i also built a 1970's type 20" A1 model.

While going through my pre-midlife crisis, and watching the next generation carry the M4's through Bosnia, Aftganistan, etc. I thought it would be right for my to turn the OlyArms (preban) into a SOPMOD replica.  RAS, Aimpoint, 14.5 bushy barrel w/ perm phantom (16").

and that it. addiction over!

then i got an AR10 - good enough to kill any animal in North America (but i dont even hunt), a Free Float with a Fluted H-bar for the best accuracy (and i think it looks cool).

But thats it.
For now.
But....is the AWB sunsets ----ALL BETS ARE OFF!!!!!
Link Posted: 11/9/2003 9:18:20 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Wait until you build your first one...
View Quote

You shouldn´t have mention about this...

I bought my first Bushmaster M4 back in 1997 and then I thought there is rifle for me for a long time... Now I have 4 of them but this sure is sweet. [:)] You simple don´t have enough.

MN
Link Posted: 11/9/2003 12:22:31 PM EDT
[#34]
Ugh. Nothing worse than a bunch of Sicko Gun Junkies!
Have already owned three. Working on a fourth[:D]

Please. Makeit stop!
Link Posted: 11/9/2003 8:58:17 PM EDT
[#35]
This is the kind of problem best solved by credit.  I had the same problem, but finally just gave in and bought a kit and a lower.  I lost a lot of sleep until I finally had a complete AR.
Link Posted: 11/10/2003 11:45:50 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Oh Ya!  I've enjoyed an MP5, UZI, and a few other very habit forming full auto toys!!
View Quote

You are in IL. I'd keep that to myself. Just my 2 cents.
Link Posted: 11/10/2003 12:04:03 PM EDT
[#37]
Yep, 7 AR's later I found another addiction...AK's!  Be warned...AK's are just as addicting (if not more) than AR's.  Run while you still can.
Link Posted: 11/10/2003 1:15:08 PM EDT
[#38]
About 8 years ago I bought my first AR. It was nothing special. Then I bought a Springfield M1A and an L1A1. Those were a lot of fun. After that I got the AK bug. I bought 7 of them. About 4 years ago I went shooting with Tony Rumore of TROMIX and shot his M16. Thats why I'm here today. Now I have 4 pre-ban and 14 post-ban AR's. I need help. [whacko]
Link Posted: 11/10/2003 1:26:38 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote

You are in IL. I'd keep that to myself. Just my 2 cents.
View Quote

I fired a bunch of F/A toys in Il about a year and a half ago. You can shoot them, you just can't own them (unless you're a Class 3 dealer).
Link Posted: 11/10/2003 4:23:41 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
It's a bug, my girlfriend calls my m4 the other woman.  I told her she might as well just join in on the fun but thinks an AR is too much gun for her so i'm putting together a little 10/22 bullpup for her so she can go plinking with me.

Digital
View Quote

Nope. My 120 lb. girlfriend had never ever shot a gun in her life. I built a Bushy M4 for her. First time out she went through close to one hundred rounds. One inch at 50 yards. tell your girlfriend to step up to the plate. [kiss]
Link Posted: 11/10/2003 4:56:02 PM EDT
[#41]
Actually Sportsman's Warehouse just got in one of those Beretta Storm 9mm carbines that look all futuristic.  I think i'm gonna buy her one of those.

Digital
Link Posted: 11/10/2003 7:31:47 PM EDT
[#42]
I know of a guy who buys all of his guns stainless, black stocks, and exact same scope.  His wife only thinks that only has one gun.  

B
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top