Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 6/15/2018 1:52:43 PM EDT
Laugh all you want, I know UTG used to sell complete garbage, but they've really upped their game the past few years.  These new sights look amazing, and if they're anything like other recent UTG Pro offerings, they should be great quality and very reasonably priced too.

UTG Spring-loaded front and rear sights utilize a spring-loaded sight tower that locks into place both in the folded and deployed positions. A deliberate push of the Posi-lock push button deploys the sight tower which automatically locks it into its upright position, preventing the sight tower from collapsing when accidentally bumped into something. To collapse the sight towers one must simply push and hold down the Posi-lock push button while simultaneously folding the sight tower down until it clicks and locks into place. The front sight uses a standard A2 front sight post making it interchangeable with other aftermarket posts of equivalent dimensions. The rear sight features a tool-less windage adjustment wheel and dual aiming apertures suitable for a variety of different scenarios. Both are precision machined from aircraft aluminum with a matte black finish and utilize a single locking Torx screw and square-shaped integral recoil stops for a secure and repeatable zero hold on MIL-STD-1913 Picatinny Rails.
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/15/2018 1:55:40 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm interested....
MSRP is $60 a set

ETA: some of their new scope bases don't look too bad for a budget, if they're not made out of gummy chinese aluminum....

http://leapers.com/index.php?act=prod_detail&allids=1513__&itemno=AIR31850
Link Posted: 6/15/2018 2:38:43 PM EDT
[#2]
And these new 45° sights look promising for only $70 MSRP/set

Link Posted: 6/15/2018 2:58:41 PM EDT
[#3]
I outfitted all my ARs with thier free float tubes. Not sorry one bit.

Those look interesting
Link Posted: 6/15/2018 3:06:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

http://leapers.com/images/600X381/MT_745_PRO_1.jpg
http://leapers.com/images/600X381/MT_945_PRO_1.jpg
View Quote
Okay, I'm in.
Link Posted: 6/15/2018 3:15:50 PM EDT
[#5]
I saw those new flip 45s.  Those are the ones I am interested in.
Link Posted: 6/15/2018 4:49:15 PM EDT
[#6]
I have no issue with the pro line and need some buis. Any place they are on sale yet?
Link Posted: 6/15/2018 4:54:49 PM EDT
[#7]
I'm curious about that A-2 style rear sight. Any reviews? I've wanted the LMT version, but budget makes it hard to cough-up $140!
Link Posted: 6/15/2018 6:09:22 PM EDT
[#8]
I've been really impressed with UTG the last few years.  I've got a few of their QD Throw Lever mounts and they've been great.  Just make sure you use blue locktite they don't put any on anything so the adjuster screws for the throw levers need to have some put on or they'll vibrate out under recoil.
Link Posted: 6/15/2018 6:16:07 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I'm curious about that A-2 style rear sight. Any reviews? I've wanted the LMT version, but budget makes it hard to cough-up $140!
View Quote
I have an LMT rear like that.  I don't believe I paid the $140 you are quoting but I did buy it a while ago.  The elapsed time has made the price fade and the solid reliability stand out for me.  I'd say buy one or the other.  They aren't fancy but rock solid has a charm all its own.

It doesn't change the price issue but Bravo Company has them for $130.

LMT Sight at Bravo COmpany
Link Posted: 6/15/2018 6:18:08 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I'm interested....
MSRP is $60 a set

ETA: some of their new scope bases don't look too bad for a budget, if they're not made out of gummy chinese aluminum....

View Quote
I have one of those and it is very nice plus it comes in FDE!
Link Posted: 6/15/2018 6:27:54 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I have no issue with the pro line and need some buis. Any place they are on sale yet?
View Quote
Joe Bob Outfitters has them in stock

https://www.joeboboutfitters.com/UTG-ACCU-SYNC-Spring-loaded-AR15-Flip-up-Front-Sig-p/utg-mnt-757.htm

And the 45° ones too

https://www.joeboboutfitters.com/UTG-ACCU-SYNC-45-Degree-Angle-Flip-Up-Front-Sight-p/utg-mt-745.htm

I just placed an order
Link Posted: 6/17/2018 9:02:11 PM EDT
[#12]
Amazon has the 45° sights listed, but they're not in stock ATM

Amazon Product
  • Precision Machined from aircraft aluminum and finished in matte Black
  • 45 degree angled Offset allows quick access and transition to iron sights when running a larger primary magnified optic
  • Posy-lock retention detent prevents sight tower from collapsing when in Use

Amazon Product
  • Precision Machined from aircraft aluminum and finished in matte Black
  • 45 degree angled Offset allows quick access and transition to iron sights while running a larger primary magnified optic
  • Posy-lock retention detent prevents sight tower from collapsing when in Use

Link Posted: 6/17/2018 9:18:03 PM EDT
[#13]
Gen 1 Super Slims are going strong. I replaced the plastic detents with stainless steel ones... Tempted to make an upgrade now lol..

I made a thread on the fixed rear, and it's really impressive how they have changed their quality lately.
Link Posted: 6/17/2018 9:36:51 PM EDT
[#14]
I have two of the cutdown carry handle looking A2 style. They're solid.
Link Posted: 6/17/2018 10:29:24 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I made a thread on the fixed rear, and it's really impressive how they have changed their quality lately.
View Quote
Yes it is.  The UTG Pro line is a hidden gem, totally underrated and underpriced, because people still associate UTG with mall ninja China crap.  I was sad when Springfield started putting UTG sights on their Saint rifles and pistols, because exposure like that is what's gonna make the prices start going up.
Link Posted: 6/18/2018 9:55:41 AM EDT
[#16]
They look like they still sit kinda high on the rail when folded.   Anyone have a pic of them folded with the magpuls on the same rail folded for comparison?
Link Posted: 6/18/2018 10:38:29 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
They look like they still sit kinda high on the rail when folded.   Anyone have a pic of them folded with the magpuls on the same rail folded for comparison?  
View Quote
Numbers for UTG are in the OP.

Front: 0.51"
Rear: 0.63"

For comparison:

Magpul Pro MBUS:

Front: 0.43"
Rear: 0.37"

Magpul MBUS:

Rear: 0.51"

So they're not exceptionally slim as far as height goes. But here's where I'm super interested:

Now, unfortunately, Leapers UTG doesn't actually give the measurements for this, but considering their design they do appear to take up significantly less space than most the rest of the market. This could be especially nice for people with SBR's and little rail space, and/or people running lasers that have trouble fitting front sights up there.
Link Posted: 6/18/2018 10:40:39 AM EDT
[#18]
I had the original UTG flip ups and they were crap. Looks like they have improved on them on this new ones.

I also have the original UTG 4/16 rear sights which are great with audible clicks.

I just put Magpul MBUS sights on my  only 3 AR's and never looked back.
Link Posted: 6/18/2018 5:22:05 PM EDT
[#19]
Leapers/UTG has stepped up thier game with several things. The flip up low pro sights are very well done. Had a chance to fondle at set awhile back. For the price, can’t be beat. I recently bought the Accu-Synce 30mm off set optic mount. It’s well thought out, nicely machined, and smokes the Burris P.E.P.R. mount (I own two). The pro handguards are really nice too! I’d still would never buy one of thier optics but, never know, I’ve changed my mind before.
Link Posted: 6/18/2018 6:39:18 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Leapers/UTG has stepped up thier game with several things. The flip up low pro sights are very well done. Had a chance to fondle at set awhile back. For the price, can’t be beat. I recently bought the Accu-Synce 30mm off set optic mount. It’s well thought out, nicely machined, and smokes the Burris P.E.P.R. mount (I own two). The pro handguards are really nice too! I’d still would never buy one of thier optics but, never know, I’ve changed my mind before.
View Quote
Not sure if it counts as an optic. My UTG Bulldot green laser is still going strong on my 12 gauge shockwave. Slugs/00 Buck mainly.
Link Posted: 6/18/2018 7:17:44 PM EDT
[#21]
I got a pair of UTG RMR mounts (low and abs cowitness) thatbcamenfree with an RMR I got on eBay a week ago and the mounts are fantastic considering they are like $10.

Better than a lot of $50 mounts.
Link Posted: 6/18/2018 9:34:30 PM EDT
[#22]
Probably going to get the 45 degree sights to go with my Bushnell PCL 1-4... Would that be stupid?

It's mounted in a fixed brownells mount, so it isn't QD. I need to use a tool in order to use my BUIS. Honestly the mount came with it at a huge discount ($200 for the scope and mount)
MSRP for the mount is $125 Ended up being a little bit cheaper than buying that Bushnell Scope+ the new UTG Mount.

More or less for a backup option, not so much for close range shooting.
Link Posted: 6/19/2018 12:51:14 AM EDT
[#23]
Got the sights and wow.  I'm impressed.

Shout out to Joe Bob Outfitters.  Ordered late Friday night and got them early Monday morning.  That's better than Amazon Prime.
Link Posted: 6/19/2018 9:13:54 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Got the sights and wow.  I'm impressed.

Shout out to Joe Bob Outfitters.  Ordered late Friday night and got them early Monday morning.  That's better than Amazon Prime.
View Quote
I’m about to order the 45s myself. How’s the quality of them feel? I can’t get over the price point. I feel like they’re going to be cheaply made. Sort of a “you get what you pay for for” situation.
Link Posted: 6/20/2018 7:21:52 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

I’m about to order the 45s myself. How’s the quality of them feel? I can’t get over the price point. I feel like they’re going to be cheaply made. Sort of a “you get what you pay for for” situation.
View Quote
Give them a shot.  UTG is way ahead of where  they used to be especially the PRO line of accessories.  I have one of their slimline handguards and am very impressed by the weight and build.
Link Posted: 6/20/2018 5:37:41 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote
The quality is absolutely amazing.  I was blown away when I opened them and played with them for a minute.  I got this SET for $56 shipped from Joe Bob Outfitters.  I would have no problem paying twice that much for this set.  If they simply had Troy or Midwest Industries, etc. engraved on them instead of UTG, they would be $150/set and people would pay it.

The materials, machining, engraving, assembly, fit, and finish is top notch and almost flawless.  No visible tool marks whatsoever.  They lock when folded and when deployed and are rock solid.  Very minimal movement front to back, not any more than you would expect from Troy and other premium brands.  No movement side to side whatsoever.  The springs are super strong, deployment is very fast and lock is positive and tactile.  I like how they have a steel sleeve that the steel deployment button rides inside of, so you can deploy them 1,000 times without worrying about a steel-to-aluminum contact point that might cause wear.

Another important note is that the ball bearing detents are STEEL instead of plastic like on the original UTG super slim flip sights.

Link Posted: 6/20/2018 5:42:07 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Numbers for UTG are in the OP.

Rear: 0.63"

For comparison:

Magpul Pro MBUS:

Front: 0.43"
Rear: 0.37"

Magpul MBUS:

Rear: 0.51"

So they're not exceptionally slim as far as height goes. But here's where I'm super interested:

http://leapers.com/images/600X381/MNT_757_FEA_2.jpg

Now, unfortunately, Leapers UTG doesn't actually give the measurements for this, but considering their design they do appear to take up significantly less space than most the rest of the market. This could be especially nice for people with SBR's and little rail space, and/or people running lasers that have trouble fitting front sights up there.
View Quote
That's where they really shine.  When folded, they're about the same height as Magpul MBUS Gen 2.  But they look tiny length wise, they take up 2.5 LESS rail slots.  You think they're gonna be way too short when deployed, like they need to be on an MP7 or a shotgun or have a rail riser, at least.

But surprisingly, the way they're designed with the mounting screw underneath instead of way out in front like almost all other flip up sights, when deployed the FSP is the same exact height as Magpul MBUS Gen 2.  And they have a standard milspec steel adjustable FSP, in case you were wondering.

Link Posted: 6/21/2018 1:33:48 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I'm interested....
MSRP is $60 a set

View Quote
PA has these mounts on sale for $30-40.

We need reviews on these...

http://www.primaryarms.com/SaleName+Leapers-UTG-Scope-Mounts?trk_msg=FTG720KJE054BDL50BOLKE9Q44&trk_contact=N7F1TQJKL5ADNDAO89TPVG89T8&trk_sid=JJB7AS6REN9LGB8H361GQHOLF4&utm_source=listrak&utm_medium=email&utm_term=SLOT_3&utm_campaign=18_06_Ad_26_Sizzling_Summer_Cali
Link Posted: 6/21/2018 3:01:58 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm interested....
MSRP is $60 a set

PA has these mounts on sale for $30-40.

We need reviews on these...

http://www.primaryarms.com/SaleName+Leapers-UTG-Scope-Mounts?trk_msg=FTG720KJE054BDL50BOLKE9Q44&trk_contact=N7F1TQJKL5ADNDAO89TPVG89T8&trk_sid=JJB7AS6REN9LGB8H361GQHOLF4&utm_source=listrak&utm_medium=email&utm_term=SLOT_3&utm_campaign=18_06_Ad_26_Sizzling_Summer_Cali
It was on my wishlist, but Brownells had a better deal for my scope including a made in U.S.A Mount :(

I want to say they are good to go though. Especially for a PA/Vortex/Bushnell Scope
Link Posted: 6/22/2018 12:36:03 AM EDT
[#30]
I picked up one of the scope mounts a few weeks ago for my most recent build I just finished. I’m really impressed with the mount. It’s as good, as the Burris P.E.P.R. mount. The machine work is done nicely, with no sharp edges. For the $58 I paid for it, got my money’s worth and then some.

Link Posted: 6/22/2018 7:30:11 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I picked up one of the scope mounts a few weeks ago for my most recent build I just finished. I’m really impressed with the mount. It’s as good, as the Burris P.E.P.R. mount. The machine work is done nicely, with no sharp edges. For the $58 I paid for it, got my money’s worth and then some.

https://photos.smugmug.com/Other/Firearms-1/i-dqBB2T3/0/82b6d9d3/L/IMG_2501-L.jpg
View Quote
Big question, how are the fasteners and threads?
Are the threads inserted in the rings or do the screws thread directly into aluminum?
Link Posted: 6/30/2018 8:07:39 PM EDT
[#32]
My builds all have MBUS sets but I could be talked into considering the UTG's on some future project. They look good.
Link Posted: 6/30/2018 8:21:03 PM EDT
[#33]
Just ordered a set to pair with a Holosun 510c. 15% off of everything. Great deal.
Link Posted: 7/3/2018 3:39:15 PM EDT
[#34]
Sights arrived today. They definitely look more refined compared to the slim sights.
The Aluminum is anodized, and the steel is phosphated. While the super slim line has a type of shiny anodizing. Machining is alot nicer on these as well.

The only complaint I have is they definitely sit a hair higher when folded. A Bushnell 1-4 PCL in a Brownells mount will not be compatible. I'm switching to a red dot so it isn't a deal breaker. The overall quality of these is amazing.

These are made in Taiwan (So is a majority of Strike Industries products, doesn't bother me), they are not the Pro Line if that matters.

Great BUIS if you have a few PSA Freedom Rifles that need sights. Would pair well with a Holosun/Vortex optic.
Link Posted: 7/22/2018 2:04:51 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Amazon has the 45 sights listed, but they're not in stock ATM

www.amazon.com/dp/B07DD2RCT9www.amazon.com/dp/B07DD2S86K
View Quote
I just got these based off of this thread! I'm hoping to hit the range soon and zero them in. First impressions are.. good low profile sights and quality is excellent for the price! After owning a Wolf A1 (Taiwanese T91) for well over a year now, I'm convinced that most Made in Taiwan products are good to go.
Link Posted: 7/22/2018 9:41:49 AM EDT
[#36]
Recently built up my second AR to be an irons carbine (well, maybe a dot at some point...)

Had a set of Magpul BUIS, didn't like hte sight picture and wasn't so thrilled with the tacticrap flip-up aspect of them.

Asked here, got pointed to the UTG Slim *FIXED* sights, really happy with them.  Still need to go back and add pics, but I did a mini-review a few days ago -

https://www.ar15.com/forums/AR-15/UTG-slim-fixed-sights-quick-review/18-729658/
Link Posted: 8/1/2018 4:13:57 PM EDT
[#37]
1.41-ish inches from top of rail to center of aperture, correct?
Link Posted: 8/2/2018 6:42:00 PM EDT
[#38]
Bump.
Link Posted: 8/5/2018 11:22:32 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

The quality is absolutely amazing.  I was blown away when I opened them and played with them for a minute.  I got this SET for $56 shipped from Joe Bob Outfitters.  I would have no problem paying twice that much for this set.  If they simply had Troy or Midwest Industries, etc. engraved on them instead of UTG, they would be $150/set and people would pay it.

The materials, machining, engraving, assembly, fit, and finish is top notch and almost flawless.  No visible tool marks whatsoever.  They lock when folded and when deployed and are rock solid.  Very minimal movement front to back, not any more than you would expect from Troy and other premium brands.  No movement side to side whatsoever.  The springs are super strong, deployment is very fast and lock is positive and tactile.  I like how they have a steel sleeve that the steel deployment button rides inside of, so you can deploy them 1,000 times without worrying about a steel-to-aluminum contact point that might cause wear.

Another important note is that the ball bearing detents are STEEL instead of plastic like on the original UTG super slim flip sights.

https://i.imgur.com/UfjFsDo.jpg
View Quote
These BUIS interest me greatly.  I am seriously considering selling my Magpul MBUS Gen 2 sights to get them. Their overall construction, locked when flipped up...and small footprint really fits the bill for what I am looking for. I just never thought I would own anything manufactured by UTG.
Link Posted: 8/5/2018 1:27:29 PM EDT
[#40]
I got the fixed sight version a while back and posted a mini-review.  Headed out to take some pics, etc. for a quick update

https://www.ar15.com/forums/ar-15/UTG-slim-fixed-sights-quick-review/18-729658/
Link Posted: 8/5/2018 2:26:57 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
I got the fixed sight version a while back and posted a mini-review.  Headed out to take some pics, etc. for a quick update

https://www.ar15.com/forums/ar-15/UTG-slim-fixed-sights-quick-review/18-729658/
View Quote
Standing by!
Link Posted: 8/5/2018 3:29:55 PM EDT
[#42]
These may be the BUIS I am looking for to go on an AUG...
Link Posted: 8/5/2018 3:47:21 PM EDT
[#43]
The Leapers/UTG A2 stock kits are excellent buys as well. In terms  of quality, they surpass  or at least equal US products.
Link Posted: 8/6/2018 1:35:30 PM EDT
[#44]
Went and ordered on of the rear sites to go with a blem PSA midlenght upper I have on the way
Link Posted: 8/7/2018 10:04:39 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Okay, I'm in.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://leapers.com/images/600X381/MT_745_PRO_1.jpg
http://leapers.com/images/600X381/MT_945_PRO_1.jpg
Okay, I'm in.
Me too
Link Posted: 8/8/2018 10:21:04 PM EDT
[#46]
I’ve been running them for over a year and they are great. No issues and quality seems equal to BUIS that cost twice the price. Customer service was great too, I accidentally used the wrong hex driver and stripped the head. I had a replacement within a few days.

I will use these on any future builds that require BUIS without hesitation.
Link Posted: 8/10/2018 11:12:19 AM EDT
[#47]
If anyone has a set that they want dispose of, shoot me a message.
Link Posted: 8/10/2018 4:02:47 PM EDT
[#48]
Anyone have weights? Thnx
Link Posted: 8/10/2018 4:59:01 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
1.41-ish inches from top of rail to center of aperture, correct?
View Quote
Link Posted: 8/10/2018 6:25:25 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Anyone have weights? Thnx
View Quote
According to the Leapers website:
Rear: 1.59oz
Front: 1.3oz

Damn...I soooo want these sights. Alas, no disposable cash.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top