Depress the button on bottom of mag with a cleaning rod or cartridge nose

Slide off floor plate

Remove spring, follower and Spring floor plate from body of mag

Lightly lube spring

clean inside of body out

re-assemble

THERE! All done
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 7:28:02 PM EDT
None of my Thermolds have a button on the bottom - there's a hole, but no button...
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 9:19:53 PM EDT
hmmm

Perhaps the button is very recessed in the hole, If not I dont know what to say man
you usually have to depress the Spring Floorplate to slide the bottom off
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 8:57:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/31/2005 8:58:56 PM EDT by No_Expert]
What he told you for was the ORLITES.... they have a hole in the bottomplate, press it in, slide bottom over, spring comes down.

For THERMOLDS, there is a button on the front edge of the mag, about an inch up. It is a slot, push it in and hinge the bottom out as it has a tongue in the back. Clear the bottom plate from the magazine, then pull the spring out.

No Expert

EDITED for spelling
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 10:51:08 AM EDT
Sweet, that worked!

I had a magazine that came with a rifle that I bought from New Jersey.

It had something rattling around in it, and I couldn't figure out what it was.

Got it open, and it turns out that someone stuck a ballpoint pen into the magazine to prevent it from being fully loaded, i.e. 10rd magazine ban in New Jersey, perhaps?

THANKS!
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 9:16:02 PM EDT
Great glad to hear it! I actually got to solve someone's problem before one of the long-term resident experts here.... I feel almost knowledgable.

Actually the night before you asked, I had been working on my orlites and thermolds.

Funny about the pen.... the things people do.

No Expert
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 1:11:30 PM EDT

Originally Posted By No_Expert:
What he told you for was the ORLITES.... they have a hole in the bottomplate, press it in, slide bottom over, spring comes down.

For THERMOLDS, there is a button on the front edge of the mag, about an inch up. It is a slot, push it in and hinge the bottom out as it has a tongue in the back. Clear the bottom plate from the magazine, then pull the spring out.

No Expert

EDITED for spelling

Actually I was talking about the mags I bought at a Gunshow, thought they were Thermolds (they WERE NOT Orlites). Basically I've been had, the ones I bought were Pro Mags I think. The Vendor saw me coming and he had 'em labeled as Thermolds but they come apart like Orlites

Made a CHUMP outta me
Top Top