User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 7/29/2003 3:33:38 AM EDT
so, please humor me.

If I ordered a complete RRA rifle through an authorized dealer and knowing it would be coming from the factory:

1) How would it be shipped to the dealer?
  A) A box like Armalite uses for AR-10s
  B) A box that has a plastic gun case with   rifle in it, like Bushmaster
2) How would I be expected to receive it from the dealer?
  A) With the original shipping container and all contents [what are the contents?]
  B) Butt nekkid

da-da-damn, the story is so disgusting.  Glad that I don't have the right to tell it at this time.....gotta let the dealer(has good rep here on the board and industry member) have a chance to fix it with the buyer(a noob to ARs,ARFCOM member and superb friend of the family).

just damn,

Dave S

BTW, told ya!!!  Could of had a V8 and an Armalite M15A4(T) but NNNOOOOOOOOOOO.    
Link Posted: 7/29/2003 3:51:34 AM EDT
[#1]
Mine came packed in a well constructed cardboard box with baffling to hold the rifle.  Packing paper was used to fill the gaps to keep it from sliding around.

In the box was:

Warranty registration card
10 round magazine
USGI M16 manual
chamber clear flag.

Seemed well packed to me.

HTH

Geoff
Link Posted: 7/29/2003 4:38:46 AM EDT
[#2]
Cardboard box on the outside (With UPS labels on it.)

Cardboard box on the inside. (White one w/ RRA logo on it.)

- I got gyped out of my chamber flag.
-Mine came with a BFI 10 round mag
-Mine came with a better ar15/m16 book than my buddies.

(My FFL is a kitchen table ffl. He didn't swipe the flag...)
Link Posted: 7/29/2003 4:51:59 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Mine came packed in a well constructed cardboard box with baffling to hold the rifle.  Packing paper was used to fill the gaps to keep it from sliding around.

In the box was:

Warranty registration card
10 round magazine
USGI M16 manual
chamber clear flag.

Seemed well packed to me.

HTH

Geoff
View Quote

Ditto...although I don't remember the chamber flag.
Link Posted: 7/29/2003 5:26:57 AM EDT
[#4]
Keep 'em coming.  My friend's story is so bad it is like the Ryan's Steak House episode!!!!

And from a dealer on this board!!!!!!!!!

Dave S
Link Posted: 7/29/2003 5:43:52 AM EDT
[#5]
Dave,

For gosh sakes just freeking tell us.  What happened?  I'll lose interest if ya don't in the next 20 minutes.

Link Posted: 7/29/2003 5:48:44 AM EDT
[#6]
His RRA came packed in diarrhea?
Link Posted: 7/29/2003 6:05:48 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
His RRA came packed in diarrhea?
View Quote

Close, so close.  And I really can't tell the story......yet.  Gotta let the ARFCOM registered dealer have his chance to fix it.

But, it really is alot like:
[url]http://www.pow-wowcentral.com/ryanstory.htm[/url]

Dave S

and I'll  back off for now.  Thanks for letting me know the way any purchaser should expect his RRA rifle.....after waiting 15 weeks and one day or not!
Link Posted: 7/29/2003 6:17:58 AM EDT
[#8]
Here's Steve Crisp's website (might as well go to the source):
[url]http://www.ihos.com/steakhouse.html[/url]

And there's always the original Usenet posting:
[url]http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=34710ECB.36BD%40pageplanet.com&oe=UTF-8&output=gplain[/url]
Link Posted: 7/29/2003 6:32:01 AM EDT
[#9]
Mr. Crisp, meant no offense.....just took the first google search telling your story.

Dave S

Thanks Jetlag.  da-da-damn, still cracks me up.  Sorry, St. Pete.
Link Posted: 7/29/2003 6:44:13 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

BTW, told ya!!!  Could of had a V8 and an Armalite M15A4(T) but NNNOOOOOOOOOOO. [BD]    
View Quote

[:D]

(I really thought the B/M's came in a hard case with the B/M logo on the case.  Guess I was wrong.)
Link Posted: 7/29/2003 6:51:33 AM EDT
[#11]
Some anti probably opened the box in transit and pinched a loaf in the box to teach you a lesson about gun ownership.
Thats my guess.
Link Posted: 7/29/2003 7:14:20 AM EDT
[#12]
Actually, it is just the story that is sh!tty.

Dave S
Link Posted: 7/29/2003 7:45:42 AM EDT
[#13]
As a dealer it's about $75 cheaper to order in a rifle not factory assembled. It comes with none of the accy, listed above. I order and sell rifles both ways but the buyer knows.
Link Posted: 7/30/2003 10:03:20 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 7/30/2003 11:33:27 AM EDT
[#15]
Why post this if your not going to tell the story?

Link Posted: 7/30/2003 11:56:41 AM EDT
[#16]
View Quote

thats what im thinking
Link Posted: 7/30/2003 12:29:58 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote

Waiting for the story as well.  Stuff happens - and you are not slandering the dealer if you post the information factually.
Link Posted: 7/30/2003 2:45:32 PM EDT
[#18]
Now I don't care if it's a good story or not.  I just want to hear it.

Pretty please?
Link Posted: 7/30/2003 3:46:04 PM EDT
[#19]
No, wait...let me guess...it's going to be resolved and we'll never get the full story.

Can you say [:K]?

The Ryan's story, however, was pretty damn funny!
Link Posted: 7/30/2003 4:09:56 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
so, please humor me.
View Quote

[:K]
Link Posted: 7/30/2003 4:18:11 PM EDT
[#21]
Dammnit!

Now I want to hear this story too

that Ryan's story reminds me of a story my sister told me

She is a "Flight Attendant" hereby referred to by the proper title of Stewardess [;D]
One day while flying, a grotesquely overweight man went into the cubicle of a toilet on the plane. He was in there for some time and my sister knocked and asked if he was alright, he of course replied that he was and she left. Shortly afterwards though an aroma traveled to her nostrils and started to make her gag, so what did she do? She went to investigate.......

It turns out that fatman could not position himself properly, and wound up shitting all over the cubicle and himself, then, apparently embarrassed, he pulled up his pants and made like nothing had happened, walking back to his seat, and spreading the shit from the back of his pants the whole way.

My sister wanted to lock him back into the cubicle, apparently she was told that was not proper behaviour. So instead she just gassed him and the whole cabin with as much Air Freshener as she could find. It did not help. The man was made to get off at the next stop, and there was a 2 hour layover as a maintenace (fancy term for Janitorial) crew came on board and "sanitized" everything.....

And people wonder why I will not fly.......

[:D]
Link Posted: 7/30/2003 4:24:40 PM EDT
[#22]
Does the RRA Rifle have the same warranty if it is assembled by the dealer?
Link Posted: 7/30/2003 5:24:52 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:
so, please humor me.
View Quote

[:K]
View Quote

WTH?!?!?  Okay, I'm kind of new here, but how do you "troll" out of that?
Link Posted: 7/30/2003 5:41:49 PM EDT
[#24]
RRA complete rifles come packaged in a white RRA-marked box, and are sent with a chamber flag, GI owners manual, and warranty card.  The complete rifle has a limited lifetime warranty.  Dealer assembled does not.  If dealer assembles, also needs to be a licensed manufacturer and pay the 11% FET on the new sales price of the rifle, which would be more, assuming he isn't giving it away at cost.
If in doubt as to the origin/status/original shipping configuration of your rifle, call RRA and ask for Steve or Robert...they'll look it up and let you know how yours (by serial number) left the plant.
Sluggo  
Link Posted: 7/30/2003 5:42:07 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Close, so close.  And I really can't tell the story......yet.  Gotta let the ARFCOM registered dealer have his chance to fix it.

Dave S
View Quote

Then why post anything at all?
Link Posted: 7/30/2003 6:02:37 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
If dealer assembles, also needs to be a licensed manufacturer and pay the 11% FET on the new sales price of the rifle, which would be more, assuming he isn't giving it away at cost.
View Quote

Just to add that if the dealer buys the parts kit and lower receiver at the same time, he will have to pay the FET even though the firearm is unassembled.

Link Posted: 7/30/2003 6:16:43 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Dave S
View Quote

Then why post anything at all?
View Quote

Probably to put pressure on the dealer to fix the problem quickly.
Link Posted: 7/30/2003 8:09:56 PM EDT
[#28]
Mine came earlier this month in a RRA cardboard box with fitted cardboard insets and packing paper.

Also, had 10 rd mag, USGI manual, and warranty registration card.

If by chamber flag you mean the yellow plastic L-shaped part that says RRA on it and fits in the chamber to keep the bolt back, I got that too.

No poop, though.
Link Posted: 7/30/2003 9:10:11 PM EDT
[#29]
I bought my first RRA products on a whim this month. I had always owned SGW/Oly or BM. The quality of RRA products I received were A+, and the price was a lot cheaper than the others listed above. Now I am seeing posts about poor service and slow delivery times from RRA. The last barrel I bought from Bushmaster took a couple months before I received it. I guess I would be PO if I thought ordered a brand new rifle with all included accessories, and got a dealer assembled w/o factory warranty, or got a rifle that someone had scarfed all the accessories. Or maybe what we got here is a failure to communicate.
Link Posted: 7/30/2003 9:19:22 PM EDT
[#30]
Forgot to add, my rifle came like most others, RRA box w/ full size rifle pic on it, manual, 10 rd mag, and chamber flag.  No poo either [:D]
Link Posted: 7/30/2003 9:27:55 PM EDT
[#31]
[b]shitttttt[/b] Tell us the tale. Why even mention it in the first place if you are never going to let us in on the laugh.
Link Posted: 7/31/2003 2:46:07 AM EDT
[#32]
There actually isn't any story to tell... DaveS is running a survey to see how many will read and post in the thread... It's strictly for marketing purposes... [;)]

Now I'm guilty too...
Link Posted: 7/31/2003 3:35:44 AM EDT
[#33]
This was/is a complete and total waste of my time.
Link Posted: 7/31/2003 5:00:48 AM EDT
[#34]
Hi guys.  I just IM'd back to FrankSquid about this post.  I should have just asked the question:  How should I receive a complete RRA rifle from a dealer?......and left out that there was a problem.  

Dave S

my da-da-damn bad. Sorry.
Link Posted: 7/31/2003 5:57:40 AM EDT
[#35]
Damn skippy you should have cause now you have 2 pages worth of people wanting to know if you shit yourself when you opened the box or if someone else layed a turd in your upper.  Jeez I am wanting to laugh about someone pooping in your gun but we wil never hear the story.  You could always just leave out the dealer name and tell us the F- ing story!!!
Link Posted: 7/31/2003 6:04:31 AM EDT
[#36]
I'm IMing FrankSquid the story @ 1:00p.m. E.S.T. today.  He can cut and paste to this thread as he sees fit.  I will only tell him the buyer's name.  Frank can ask the buyer anything from there on.

Dave S
Link Posted: 7/31/2003 6:13:49 AM EDT
[#37]
[/bs2]

Edited to remove bandwith wasting flag
Link Posted: 7/31/2003 6:20:05 AM EDT
[#38]
It looks like we have the start of another "UAM" type thread going on here.
Link Posted: 7/31/2003 7:03:04 AM EDT
[#39]
Did someone say UAM?..............UNDERDOG
Link Posted: 7/31/2003 7:29:41 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
[bs2]
View Quote

I agree. [bs]
Link Posted: 7/31/2003 7:42:30 AM EDT
[#41]
I hate you.

da-da-damnit
Link Posted: 7/31/2003 8:49:58 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
I'm IMing FrankSquid the story @ 1:00p.m. E.S.T. today.  He can cut and paste to this thread as he sees fit.  I will only tell him the buyer's name.  Frank can ask the buyer anything from there on.

Dave S
View Quote

Okay its 1251 right now... Youve got 9 minutes man... [;)]
Link Posted: 7/31/2003 9:10:20 AM EDT
[#43]
FrankSquid,
My ass is on fire at work.  Have to get lots of stuff out to Amsterdam.  

ARFCOM sharks, [:D]
I'll feed your asses at @ 1930hrs from the home computer....while I have a tall one.

ar15.com,
In no way will a slander suit be available from the story so please don't lock.  I will IM FrankSquid from the house.

Dave S

Now, swim away.........SCHOOL CIRCLE @ 1930hrs.    
Link Posted: 7/31/2003 9:21:25 AM EDT
[#44]
I was pooping this morning and wondered about this. Was it wrapped in poo paper?

1930HRs. I love Christmas.
Link Posted: 7/31/2003 9:39:16 AM EDT
[#45]
It better be good. [:D]
Link Posted: 7/31/2003 10:10:41 AM EDT
[#46]

There will be a riot if it isn't good.

Link Posted: 7/31/2003 10:54:55 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
I was pooping this morning and wondered about this. Was it wrapped in poo paper?

1930HRs. I love Christmas.
View Quote

When dont you think about AR15.com ? [:D]

4:00hr's left and counting down ........

Are there pics too. We need pics
Link Posted: 7/31/2003 11:46:53 AM EDT
[#48]
[toilet]

[nono]
Link Posted: 7/31/2003 11:46:55 AM EDT
[#49]
I can't believe how much time I've wasted on this one waiting for the full scoop.  Chalk up another couple minutes.  
Link Posted: 7/31/2003 11:57:33 AM EDT
[#50]
I have no idea, I guessing it's something like: "the manual was missing!"

Unless they wrapped the thing in cling wrap and slapped a shipping label on it, I don't see what the problem could be...
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top