Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/5/2004 6:12:54 PM EDT
Well I started the process of the write up that I promissed I would post but wanted to post several pictures of what I have been working on.  The write up will have much more pictures and a good how to, come this weekend.  I have several more stages to go from the last picture that you will see and Ill post the final product sometime Saturday in the How 2 forum.  Ill link it here.  

This is what I started out with, BTW this was a local member that allowed me to paint this for this write up.  If you have not gotten to play with a real SPR, find a friend with one.  This is freaking Bad ass!

A bit of prep work to the gun and scope to make sure everything comes out well...

This is the base coat to the rifle and scope

This is the first coat of green

This is a bad lighting area and really wet paint.  

Again there are still several more steps from the last pic that I posted but do not have them up nor done.  It is in drying stage.

Please note that this project was to show people how to paint a gun for under $50 that is airbrush and all material.  
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 6:28:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Beautiful blaster....and AWESOME paint job.

Link Posted: 5/5/2004 6:39:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Now THAT is cool
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 6:50:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Damn man, that is cool

Great job!
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 6:58:03 PM EDT
[#4]
I give you guys credit, spend that kind of money on a gun then turn around and paint it! That takes some big hairy ones!

I'm sure it will look sweet when it's done though!
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 11:08:04 PM EDT
[#5]
write up is the following link!

Under $50 Cammo paint write up

Final picture to come tomorrow when I finish!
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 4:35:22 PM EDT
[#6]
so, what kind of paint are you using?  it would need to be pretty impervious to solvents but what if you screw up during the project (i know it would take me several or six tries) what do you use to remove it?  would Xylene take it off?  i use that for cleaning my silk screening screens and its pretty good at it...

im very interested in trying something like that on my 16 inch-er but not sure if i want it to be permanent...

thanks

david
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 5:09:54 PM EDT
[#7]
see post above for write up or goto build it yourself and see the write up there to see how I did it!

Thanks
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top