Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
1/25/2018 7:38:29 AM
Posted: 9/1/2002 6:17:48 PM EST
As you would know from my first and second thread, I'm new to ARs, but I'm far from new to firearms and shooting in general. I love my new rifle (in case you didn't read my other threads, bushy M4A2) but I'm really not used to certain things about AR furniture. What I'm getting at is that while I'm sure the BM handguard and pistol grip are of good quality by standards of the type, I have to wonder if their is another maker which produces standard military-style furniture, only with a little less flash and shine then the BM originals. I know it seems nit-picky, and I know they are of the same basic quality as the ones used by the military themselves, but if their is an alternative which is a cleaner, flatter, and a little more rubbery that would be great.

BTW: sorry to anyone who thinks this is extreme, I'm just looking to make my rifle as perfect as possible.
Link Posted: 9/1/2002 6:39:37 PM EST
Thats not extreme at all, half the fun of having an AR is customizing it.

I do not like the bushy handguards at all, and I hate the A2 pistol grip.

What I did on my M4 was get a hogue grip and a set of The Colt fat M4 handguards, I like them much better. Ill see if I can find some pics.
Link Posted: 9/1/2002 6:47:49 PM EST

these are bad pictures, but the hogue grip is really high quality, and has kind of a rubbery feel, the handguards are alot thicker than Bushmasters, and just feel better.
Link Posted: 9/1/2002 6:58:00 PM EST
I agree on the Hogue grip! I use them on all my ARs.
Link Posted: 9/1/2002 8:33:28 PM EST
The Hogue grip kicks ass. It's an inexpensive upgrade and worth twice it's value in the feel. I never even thought about changing my old A2 style grips until I got my RRA Tactical Entry...now I'll never have a standard A2 grip again.
Top Top