Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 10/23/2004 5:28:49 PM EST
Went to the big Tulsa gun show today and maybe I missed something, but I thought the "Ban"
was over, fini, caput, no more. What is with the dealers still selling AR's at an outrageous
price and saying "the're Preban, it's a Preban. Are they tryin to recoup the high price they paid
or just think everyone buying an AR isa moron??
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 5:45:40 PM EST
New York and some other unfortunate bastards(states) still live in a state where the AWB will never end.
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 5:46:42 PM EST
I was at the gun show in Eugene Oregon today, and I noticed all the old tags that read "pre ban" but most of them had the price crossed off and marked down $100-$200. Most of them where still around $900-$1100, still more than I have ever payed.
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 5:50:12 PM EST
I try to stay away from "Pre-ban" AR-15's at my local shows. Half of the time it looks like some monkey took all of the original parts off, slapped on a bunch of used and abused parts and reduced the price to a "very reasonable" $799 out the door
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 5:51:10 PM EST

Originally Posted By Msokol13:
New York and some other unfortunate bastards(states) still live in a state where the AWB will never end.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't it illegal to bring any "pre ban" weapon or mag into most of those states? I used to live in CA and that was the way it was, you could keep what you had and register it, but that was it. I see all these guys saying they will sell thier "pre ban" this or that to some one in one of these states, is that legal?
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 5:55:14 PM EST
These guys know better than to do illegal stuff on this website. If it was illegal that post would be locked by the staff here.

Top Top