BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/20/2003 6:26:58 PM EDT
Cav comp, kurts ?
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 4:30:16 AM EDT
[#1]
Look, the AR15 needs a muzzle brake like a 6 year old girl needs a bra. The only reason for these things is so you can get close to duplicating the M16/preban AR15 appearance legally.

Given that reality (to me anyway), get the one that looks most like an M16 brake, and is least expensive.  The parts house I deal with most, Southeast Military  Parts, [url]www.usgunparts.com[/url] sells a brake that looks like a dead ringer for the pics on Kurt's web site, for $25.  Have two of them on my post bans. They do just fine.[:D]
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 6:29:21 AM EDT
[#2]
I love the brake on my Colt 6400c.  It's mean looking, the 2-pound wieght makes the rifle "balance" better, and just when it feels that you are getting tired of it, it will blow off
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 8:09:51 AM EDT
[#3]
[url=groups.msn.com/TheMarylandAR15ShootersSite/muzzledevices.msnw]Muzzle Devices[/url]
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 9:39:04 AM EDT
[#4]
Yup. No point in protecting the crown or anything either. I mean, its not like they they actually shave off what little recoil and muzzle rise is there and allow you to do faster more accurate followup shots. Total waste of time and money and should be banned for stupidity. I wasted my money on a few from Kurt and Wilson Combat. If you want to waste your money too, those would be my two choices. I mean, a flash suppressor is the only thing worthy of being on the end of an AR barrel. If you cant afford a preban to have a flash suppressor, you shouldnt have anything at all. Complete idiocy to put one of those 110% proven worthless pieces of crap on the end of your barrel.
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 9:46:20 AM EDT
[#5]
thanks guys, hawkeye too much coffee
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 10:40:07 AM EDT
[#6]
What about the OPS, Inc brakes??
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 12:43:14 PM EDT
[#7]
I happen to agree with [b]Hawkeye[/b]...

That's why when the AWB sunsets, I will have a flash suppressor added to my Post-ban Bushy...

If for some reason the Numb-nuts in Washington do not do their jobs "constitutionally", then
I'll have to buy me a Pre-ban...

[sniper2]
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 12:51:27 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 12:53:31 PM EDT
[#9]
Is Hawkeye serious? I thought he was being sarcastic! Hmm, guess I have to sharpen my reading comprehension skills.
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 5:06:48 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Is Hawkeye serious? I thought he was being sarcastic!

[thinking]
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 6:01:18 PM EDT
[#11]
I beg to differ gent,s.When i go rapid with my 16"-a2 mb i can only put out 5or6 round,s before i have to stop and drop.TODAY at my local two old guy,s showed up with three different model,s of m4,s.One was a7and a half inch flamethrower.That pimp rig rocked.Anywho,he had a ak47 mb on it and that sucker did,nt lift a half inch.I for one was impressed.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top