Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/18/2010 9:18:28 AM EDT
Whats the best BIUS in terms of price and repeatablilty.  Thanks.

<Edited
title to be more descriptive - Z>

Link Posted: 4/18/2010 9:23:38 AM EDT
[#1]
I have an ARMS 40, and a MBUS, both have worked out well for me.  How much and what kind of shooting do you do?
Link Posted: 4/18/2010 9:32:09 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

I'm just finishing up my first build and would have to say that from past experience Troy makes the best out there. BravoCompany is selling them for $119 right now (just off the top of my head). Very low profile and rock steady.

MI makes a solid sight as well and you'd save a little cash but not enough imo to warrant going away from Troy (if you have the 100+ to spend).
Link Posted: 4/18/2010 10:39:47 AM EDT
[#3]
Troy then ARMs. I had a MI off a new Stag upper that thought it was cheap crap. It was the flip up rear and had lots of wiggle in the upright position.
Link Posted: 4/18/2010 3:29:36 PM EDT
[#4]
I just picked up a GG&G. It seems pretty solid.
Link Posted: 4/18/2010 3:41:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Troy is outstanding. I one on my LMT and it repeats with no problem. My CMMG has a ARMS 40L on it and it does just as well. The Magpul MBUS so far has worked well paired with the MBUS front on my Spikes dedicated .22 upper (ST-22).
Link Posted: 4/18/2010 4:21:33 PM EDT
[#6]
I just installed a YHM and really like it. Two aperatures and it deploys with a single push of a button. Works for me.

NCH
Link Posted: 4/18/2010 4:53:22 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I just installed a YHM and really like it. Two aperatures and it deploys with a single push of a button. Works for me.

NCH

I second YHM. I have them on one of my AR's and they have been solid so far.
Link Posted: 4/18/2010 4:55:13 PM EDT
[#8]
I like the Troy BUIS  a lot. Easily worth the money.
Link Posted: 4/18/2010 4:59:09 PM EDT
[#9]
KAC micros if i had the coin
Link Posted: 4/18/2010 8:54:01 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:

NCH

third that! just picked up front and back for 150 shipped from Brightflashlights,,, great prices and even better customer service!!!
Link Posted: 4/18/2010 8:59:01 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
KAC micros if i had the coin

+1  

for a few dollars more than a troy you get alot more capability

Link Posted: 4/19/2010 7:13:28 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Are we talking folding or fixed?

For what purpose?
Link Posted: 4/19/2010 8:24:09 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

NCH

third that! just picked up front and back for 150 shipped from Brightflashlights,,, great prices and even better customer service!!!

I guess I'll fourth YHM buis, I'm happy with mine.
Link Posted: 4/19/2010 12:44:07 PM EDT
[#14]
I have MI, ARMS,Troy,GG&G....And recently started using Magpul Front and Rear, Great Price, Love how easy they both Deploy.
I am a big fan of the BUIS NOT being in a Locked UP position, To many of my years in the Army told me that a locked in the up right postion would eventually
spell "Broken site". Now I know the MAGPUL is Polymer, But the price is right, the site is extremly light.....I do however prefer the ARMS 40L.
Link Posted: 4/19/2010 1:59:52 PM EDT
[#15]
Troy, but there are alot of good ones out there.  Again, do you want a fixed, or folding?
Link Posted: 4/19/2010 2:21:28 PM EDT
[#16]
In folding BUIS I've got three Troys, one Magpul MBUS, and one KAC 300m, they all work great but my favorite so far is my new Troy DOA which have a diamond shaped aperture, easier to line up with the front sight.

As for fixed BUIS I only have one which is the LMT which looks like a cut carry handle, there are better lighter ones if you like QD mount check out the LaRue, or regular screw mounts like Troy fixed model, Daniel Defense, and other good brands also.

I would like to try the new KAC micro next if I ever see them available at a good price.

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top