Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/12/2005 5:00:27 AM EDT
Here are some pics of my T65.  I don´t have it here in the states, but I´m planning to bring the upper back on my next trip.  The parts all interchange with those on the AR15 and M16.  This one is select-fire and runs like a champ!  Here is my web site with a little more info, but the same pictures:

www.gungrabber.com/t65.htm

I hope you enjoy!

Dave
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 10:01:47 AM EDT
[#1]
WTFO?

More details!

BTT.
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 10:11:28 AM EDT
[#2]
Uh, how are you going to get a full-auto into the States?   It would seem to be a major no-no.

Semper Fi
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 10:18:16 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 10:18:27 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Uh, how are you going to get a full-auto into the States?   It would seem to be a major no-no.

Semper Fi

For the reading impaired:  ....I´m planning to bring the upper back...

Dave
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 10:34:02 AM EDT
[#5]
I've talked to lots of former soldiers in the Taiwan infantry (most of them are students in the US, military service is mandatory for all men) that handled a variety of rifles:

M1 Garand, M14 (They call their made-from-Springfield-tooling rifles the T-57), and the M16 (T-65, etc...)

Their nickname for the T-65 is loosely translated as a gopher gun... because after firing it for prolonged periods of time, the barrel heats up so much that it droops and is angled perfectly for hitting gopher holes. I don't have exact details but that is what they all say.

They were allies with the US and have a common enemy, PROC (China, commies) which is why ROC (Taiwan) has so much US military equipment.
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 11:42:23 AM EDT
[#6]
How on earth did you get one of those!?

Owning arms in Taiwan is insanely illegal, but the export models are typically worn out.. should be very interesting, though.

My cousins all have been through the military with the T65 later generations, and some have played with the (X)T86. Apparently both are prefered to the M16 "Commando" setups they have, on account of easier cleaning.

Taiwan really should export them, especially the T65K2 Carbine. I'd love to own one. Battle-tested piston-op M16 design.
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 1:50:21 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
How on earth did you get one of those!?

Owning arms in Taiwan is insanely illegal, but the export models are typically worn out.. should be very interesting, though.

My cousins all have been through the military with the T65 later generations, and some have played with the (X)T86. Apparently both are prefered to the M16 "Commando" setups they have, on account of easier cleaning.

Taiwan really should export them, especially the T65K2 Carbine. I'd love to own one. Battle-tested piston-op M16 design.

Prior to the 1989 liberation of Panama, Gen Manual Noriega handed them out to the general population for use against the U.S.  Most are in excellent condition!  However, Panama has since restricted 5.56 and 7.62 X 39 to prevent these and the millions of AK´s from being used.  This rifle runs great and the ammo I´m shooting is old GI surplus (LC79 & LC84).

Dave
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 9:02:04 PM EDT
[#8]
Do'nt  forget your Customs form 6.
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 9:16:24 PM EDT
[#9]

Made in Taiwan AR18 copy. Type 65, in service by 1976 still being deployed by LE and reserve units. latest version is call the T65K2. Recently Taiwan military revail a new rifle type classified as T86
It most definitely is NOT a copy of the AR-18.  It is a version of the M16 with a gas system adapted from that of the AR-18.

Do'nt forget your Customs form 6.
Hmmmm, not sure if anybody really read the first post.  He's NOT BRINGING A GUN BACK people.  
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top