Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/21/2006 3:35:12 PM EDT
Has anyone used the JARD trigger in their AR?

If so, whats your opinion, feel, consistency, longevity?

Thanks in advance!!
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 4:33:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Got one in a custom built AR I picked up a couple of months back......trigger pull is really sweet, but I am not enough of a gunsmith to adjust it correctly I guess......works great and has a very light pull, but I have had it do some funny things (let me correct myself, my lack of knowledge probably was the culprit); anyway I traded it out for my RRA trigger and both groups functioned well in opposite guns; traded it back when I sold the RRA rifle & now the JARD is working flawlessly again...hink likes to keep things simple.....(so I have the RRA 2 stage trigger group ordered).

Just my opinion.....

Jeff
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 4:56:13 PM EDT
[#2]
I have one on my AR. Very light, very sharp. I can't complain.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 5:13:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the info, I will more than likely go with the JARD.

I am thinking of getting the single stage- non adjustable 3lb JARD trigger though that way I don't have to worry about any adjustments.

Thanks !
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 5:23:52 PM EDT
[#4]
I just installed a Jard in my Bushy lower.  I had to open the trigger slot in the bottom of my Lower to let the jard fit through.  I also needed a thread tap, to thread the pistol grip screw hole all the way through into the lower.  The sear engagement screw installs through this hole.  I could not re attach my MIAD with the short grip screw that Jard provides but the MIAD actually fit.  I had a lot of difficulty setting the adjustments.  You can not just follow the instructions word for word step by step.  Each adjustment you make affects the previous adjustment so it takes alot of bouncing back and forth slightly tuning each adjustment.  If I had known all of this in advance it would have been easier to install.   I also think I need a captive pin to replace the trigger pin as it has some movement to it.  Assemble the trigger, set your adjustments and test the trigger fully before you use loctite.  After that disassemble and re do the steps with loctite.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 5:28:09 PM EDT
[#5]
I had an adjustable Jard in one of my AR15's and eventually in my QCB and it was a bit touchy to set up.  I did like the way it worked, never a real issue there, but the initial adjustment was tough, and I am pretty handy.

I never had real issues with the loctited screws loosening.  I finally gave up on it due to the fact that the small set screw for the hammer pin was getting loose often, and I did not want to loctite this screw as it would make disassembly difficult if I had to quickly part the FCG to clear a blown primer or other debris.

If the non-adjustable version does not have set screws, and it is built and functions like my adjustable, you should be in good shape.  I have since gone to the Geissele, and am not looking back.

Craig
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 5:32:38 PM EDT
[#6]
I have recently installed a JARD 3 lb. adjustable trigger in my Colt m/6700.  Very nice trigger. No alterations, or removing metal from the trigger are required.  I ordered mine directly from JARD . He answered email that it does include JARD speed hammer. I ordered it and didn`t receive any email confirmation from them. So I waited. Showed up in my mail box about 2 weeks later (worth the wait). Read the written instructions through a couple times, then follow each step while installing the trigger. The kit includes a sear engagement adjustment set screw that goes up inside the pistol grip screw hole. The hole in my pistol grip was not threaded completely through. I borrowed a 1/4x28 thread tap, thread cutting oil and threaded it on through.(no biggie). The set screw protrudes about a 1/4 inch into the hammer/trigger/sear cavity to adjust the sear engagement. Read and follow the instructions about this and it is very easy. There is also a shorter screw supplied with the JARD kit that is used to hold the pistol grip on. But I found it was short. I used a fine thread nut and screwed that all the way onto the longer original pistol grip screw, so that it wouldn`t go as far into the hole, but long enough to securely hold the pistol grip on, keeping the grip from being loose. Military range masters teach DO NOT pick up AR/m16/M4 rifle by the pistol grip. ALWAYS grasp the hand guard or carry handle or sling when picking up your rifle. There are four adjustments on the JARD: sear engagement, disconnector, safety, over travel. Trigger is easy to install and adjust if you follow the well written steps in the instructions sheet.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 5:55:58 PM EDT
[#7]
I bought a JARD non-adjustable from a board member with different weight springs to adjust trigger weight. I did have to finish tapping the threads through my Bushmaster lower. I love the trigger it is crisp and it can be adjusted with the springs very easily.I have not had to mess with it since I installed it . It is a nice choice in a single stage trigger for a carbine. I have a Jewell two-stage trigger for my bench rest Colt heavy barrell target rifle.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top