Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 6/18/2009 8:33:46 AM EST
[Last Edit: 6/18/2009 9:01:45 AM EST by FatChance]
I started out with two ARs I got in the mid-90s at about the time of the AWB. The top one is an old cast receiver DPMS pre-ban rifle, the other a post-ban Bushmaster carbine. After getting BRD again after the messiah was ordained, I decided that I wanted to upgrade my ARs to a higher level. There was nothing wrong with these two, I just wanted to build what I really wanted to have.

To start out, I bought two Essential Arms lowers and built them with LPKs from M&A and put one on the Bushmaster post-ban upper, saving the Bushmaster lower for future use. Taking advantage of the current situation this last winter, I sold the two complete guns for a grand each through the local paper. The buyers were happy to find ARs when none were available. Then, with that money, I started buying more parts where I could find them and after finding a couple barrels I built these two carbines with the Bushmaster and Essential Arms lowers.

Then, I sold those two for a grand each again through the local paper a couple months ago. Again, the buyers were more than happy to pay that for new ARs when there were none available around here for that cheap. In the meantime, I started accumulating parts for two keepers I was planning to build using the proceeds from these sales plus some other funds.

This is what I've ended up with. The top one is a LaRue lower with a Geiselle SSA trigger, LaRue DMR-16 Stealth upper, LaRue BCG, LaRue/Troy BUIS, SOPMOD stock, MIAD, RRA LPK, EOTech 512. The lower one is a Stag lower with a Timney 3lb. single stage trigger, MIAD, CTR stock, BCM upper receiver with a 16" WOA match SS barrel, LaRue BCG, RRA Quad rail, YHM gas block/folding front sight, RRA Dominator EOTech mount/rear sight.

Prices and availability for most AR guns and parts are getting better now, but the four people who bought from me were happy with being able to get an AR without waiting a long time or paying even more when I had them available when they wanted them. And now, I've got what I want for not very much extra money! The panic has worked out well for me...
Link Posted: 6/18/2009 8:48:37 AM EST
Nice job on the upgrading.
Top Top