Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 1/10/2003 7:24:27 AM EST
I couldn't find the search function to look this topic up myself so I thought I would ask in open forum.

What are your impressios with the Elcan? I have an opportunity to buy one NEW at a very reasonable price but want to know you oppinion of its function, use, quality, etc?

This would be for a .308 out to say 300M?

Thanks
Link Posted: 1/10/2003 7:43:33 AM EST
Get your fill here; [url=http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=18&t=138858&w=searchPop]Why the Elcan sucks![/url]
Link Posted: 1/10/2003 1:32:44 PM EST
I strongly prefer the ELCAN to the TA01NSN. US Army just bought the ELCAN for squad machineguns, but insisted on a different mount. -- Chuck
Link Posted: 1/10/2003 2:26:47 PM EST
Chuck I guess the ARMY makes mistakes too. :) I have had toooooo many problems with them to trust them anymore. -Kevin
Link Posted: 1/10/2003 4:31:28 PM EST
I have a 20" HB with one (4th Gen) mounted that shoots like a dream. It's heavy and the sight post reticle is fine except for holdovers but has so far it has kept its' zero and possesses excellent glass. I'd rate it tough as a truck but I don't dare drop it since I, not Uncle Sugar, footed the bill. I get the hunch from various reports that the ELCAN pretty much treats you like you treat it. Remember, too, that its' a battle sight and not a designated marksman's sight. Most people, myself included, would recommend an ACOG over the ELCAN.
Top Top