Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 11/26/2003 9:08:27 AM EDT
Read the article on the ARFCOM home page link about the Massachusetts police dept. that just bought a bunch of SIG 552's to augment their SIG .40 pistols. I applaud either the SIG sales dude or the police chief. That's one helluva deal to pull off.

Now, you tell me, the 5.56 having enough terminal velocity at 3 miles to kill???? Is this guy for real?

And, what's more, the magical "tumbling bullet". Didn't know the SIG had the same twist as the earliest M16A1's.

I learn something new every day.

Link Posted: 11/26/2003 9:17:11 AM EDT
[#1]
Goes on to show that all police officers are "experts" when it comes to guns.

I laughed like hell when I read that. Especially taking into account that they are using a 552, not even a 550!

$1400 per rifle. Ouch. They could have gotten M4s for half the price.

How far will a 5.56x45 go anyway? I'm pretty sure it will make 2 miles (hitting with perhaps 3 f/p of energy), not sure if it will make it all the way to 3.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top