Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/12/2005 12:37:18 PM EDT
Thanks for the advice, I was on the verge of canceling it, but I’m glad that I did not.
Although I cannot use the BAC, I still love this thing – even for a pirate like myself that can’t take advantage of the whole BAC concept.

I’ve tried some tracking movements with cats and my dog in the front yard, which is not a problem since I live in the middle of a wooded quarter section at the end of a dead end road, and all I can say is WOW! This is one of the few big ticket purchases that actually exceeded my expectations. I know it would be good, but not this good - Its insanely great!

What works best for me is to look over the scope slightly and get target acquisition then, as I raise the scope into position my eye instantly changes focus to the scope and my eye goes directly to the chevron, which being illuminated makes all the difference for me. I might not be as good as you guys using BAC, and it might take me longer to even come close, but hell I’ll still try anyway.  

Thing of beauty on a Bushmaster AR10 in my book…

---------------------------------------------------------------
Old post

Well here is my situation. I am essentially (for shooting purpuses) blind in one eye, I know it sucks, and I’m debating if I made the right call on ordering the Trijicon TA11E.  I could have gotten the TA01B (no fiber optic and BAC) for 250 less, after I bought the rail adapter.

So, did I make the right call?  Would I be wasting my time with the BAC or does it give a better sight picture and aim with just one eye?

Thoughts? Any input is welcome!  

Thanks    
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 12:38:49 PM EDT
[#1]
The BAC is meant for the shooter to 'look beyond' the target using both eyes.  You'd be better off with a red dot optic with a wide field of view.
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 12:42:53 PM EDT
[#2]
K-bot

I do not know about differences in the E and B models, but in short, I think you will be thrilled with your ACOG- one eye or two

I use mine with both eyes open and it (BAC) is a quick acquisition thing, but if I wanted to- and occasionally I do- I can use it in a traditional rifle scope way.

It is a beautiful optic and you will love it.
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 12:47:49 PM EDT
[#3]
do you wear a cool pirate eye patch?
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 1:21:19 PM EDT
[#4]
i think you'll love it.....
the fiber optic-illuminated sight makes for a fast and clear sight picture in all conditions.  due to my crooked brain wiring (phoria) i can't really use the BAC effectively, but i still love ACOGs and plan on owning many more.  
its not like great quality lenses, rugged construction, and a brilliant reticle are negated by closing one eye!  its just slower for close-range engagements....
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 1:21:59 PM EDT
[#5]
You'll still have a very nice, rugged scope with an always illuminated optic; but the BAC concept requires two good eyes to be used effectively. The main benefits the TA11 will offer you over the TA01 are better eye relief, better exit pupil and a reticle that is illuminated during daylight and low-light instead of only during low-light.

Even with one eye, the extra contrast of a red illuminated reticle is sometimes nice, especially against darker or obscured targets. The good news is if you decide you can get by with just the TA01B, you shouldn't have much trouble selling the TA11E.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top