Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 6/20/2003 6:32:25 PM EDT
I ordered a Fobus FAS2 Surefire light holder to go on my M44 carbine fore end.I was confident that this would be a well designed good looking and well fitted product based on my M44 handgaurds qualities.Well when it arrived I was impressed with all of it's qualities as well except for one.The fitment to the rails on the M44's was downright sloppy.It wiggled and wobbled in every direction possible and appeared to have been "fitted" in the rail area as some abrasion was evident.I contacted the outfit I purchased it from(Adco) and asked them to check the others in their stock for this "fitted" condition and was advised that of the two he had in stock one appeared "fitted" and the other not, but that both fit the rails of an M44 reasonably.Not rock solid like a clamp on mount but not terribly wobbly either. Steve even furnished pictures one appearing identical to mine with the abrasion in the same place and of the same type which lead me to believe that this was done during production.At this point I contacted Fobus via e-mail and asked to return the mount for exchange and asked that the replacement not be "fitted" and tested on an M44 prior to shipment. They provided a return address and instructions and did exactly what I asked of them promptly ,courteously,and professionaly which included a couple of phone calls just to verify my complaint and to exhibit concern.I appreciated this.End result was I got my mount back quickly and it fit the rails well when it returned.Again not as tight as a clamp on mount but suitably tight for a quick removeable mount.I'm well satisfied for a $25 mount I don't think you'll get much more nor will you receive better customer service.Thanks Fobus and thanks Steve@Adco I appreciate you both
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top