Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/19/2017 7:27:10 PM
Posted: 10/31/2003 1:46:45 PM EDT
Is this product safe to use in a chrome barrel?
Is says it has Ammonia in it.

If it is ok, how do you apply it and for how long. do you scrub it with a nylon bush. and then patch it out.

Thanks
Link Posted: 10/31/2003 3:46:10 PM EDT
It should be fine, just don't leave it in the bore more than about 10-15 minutes.
Link Posted: 11/1/2003 12:39:56 AM EDT
Agree with [b]hickboy[/b]. However, it’s always a good idea to double-check the instructions on the bottle just to make sure there are no surprises!! I generally apply copper solvent with a fairly loose patch on a Parker-Hale type jag, let it set a few seconds, and then patch it out. That way I can throw the first patch away, rather than reintroducing a soiled brush into the bore. Alternatively, if it isn’t a really powerful solvent like Sweets, I’ll use a bronze bristle brush, which I’ll then clean to prevent the solvent from ruining the brush. That way I can scrub carbon at the same time that I deal with the copper. (If you do this, keep in mind that the solvent will react with the brush bristles, possibly resulting in a blue/green clean-up patch even if there’s no copper in the bore.) A nylon bristle brush (or a bore mop for that matter) will also work, though in my view not quite as well as the above. That’s just my opinion, though. I’ve never used Tetra solvent so I’m not 100% sure my above remarks apply to it, though they probably do.
Top Top