Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 8/13/2007 4:20:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/13/2007 7:38:13 PM EDT by threefeathers]
I want this zeroed at 100 meters so I could take an eyeball shot if necessary. I was curious what the 1-9 progressive rifled polygon bore would do with the heavy bullets.
Middle is M262 issue ammunition for a just under 1 inch group.
Bottom right is Nosler Brass, Berger 73 grain bthp driven by 25.5 grains of Varget. 4 rounds
Bottom left is Hornady 75 grain bthp Nosler brass driven by 24.5 grains of Varget. 4 rounds

The shock is the top left, 77 grain Nosler bthp with cannelure driven by 24.5 grains of Varget those 4 rounds can be covered by a dime. And once fired LC brass was used.

All with CCI Bench rest primers, all have an OAL of 2.245.

Link Posted: 8/13/2007 6:46:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/13/2007 6:55:18 PM EDT by jmart]
I hate you!

What's the middle group above the diamond, looks like 3 shots in around 1"?

Nice, nice shooting. Obviously those rounds are stabilizing nicely. Maybe the poly/GT does have some merit, even though the masses say it's a gimic...........
Link Posted: 8/13/2007 6:55:53 PM EDT
Good shooting!

And whatever happens, for god's sake, NOT USE FORK!
Link Posted: 8/13/2007 7:02:29 PM EDT
Do not use forks? How the hell else am I supposed to stick my target on there?!

~GnSx
Link Posted: 8/13/2007 7:36:50 PM EDT
The middle target is issue m262 and it is a sub one inch. I was really curious about the barrel how the 1-9 progressive rifleing would work and how the polygon bore would wear. The developer is a Georgetown Medical school grad who is a constant thinker. (He had dinner with Kalishnakov last year and they talked ballistic theory all night when I was trying to look at the waitresses tits). Hey.
But I wondered how it would stabalize the big bullets. Arms Tech and POF get barrels from the same folks. Remember this is a 14.5 inch barrel and it is stabalizing the big bullet. Now that I've settled on the load I'll get an official chrono on it when it drys out here.
Top Top