Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 10/23/2002 8:06:00 AM EDT
I have seen them from $50 to $200. Which ones are good or bad? What should I look for? Should they be vented? One piece or two? How are the Bushmaster V Match float tubes? Any input would be appreciated.
Link Posted: 10/23/2002 8:50:52 AM EDT
DPMS is the 2 tubes I have. Go with a 2 piece for ease of install (pins on wrench go into holes of barrel nut part, then screw on rest of tube). Vents or other option are up to your personal preferences.
Link Posted: 10/23/2002 9:01:47 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 10/23/2002 9:03:09 AM EDT by Quarterbore]
There are actually three basic types of Match style FF tube...

1-pc: Whole tube just screws fast... The Bushmaster V-Match tubes are like this.

2-pc as SBR7_11 described: These tubes are not really indexable.

3.pc: With these you have a barrel nut, collar, and the tube itself (Armalite FF tubes are an exammple). This will allow you to mount something to the tube and carefully index the tube as you want it.

I like FF tubes that are all metal. Accordingly, most of the FF tubes I have owned are the 2-pc style although I did have a B-master V-match and it worked just fine. The KAC FF RAS uses a modified vesion of the 3-pc system www.quarterbore.com/kac because of the abuility to index the tube where you want or need it....

As far as venting, I think venting is mostly cosmetic. Just the same, it may help cooling so it wouldn't hurt. I would instead buy a good tube that fits your needs based on function...

Good Luck!
Top Top