Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/12/2004 11:07:18 AM EDT
can u guys tell me if you folks have had duracoat added to your weapons exterior and what are your views on it...thanx
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 4:57:50 PM EDT
[#1]
I love Duracoat. Very strong and "Durable." It works well and is easy to apply.  Here is my pistol done all in Green duracoat. It gets lots of comments at the range but I like it.

IPSC_GUY

Link Posted: 9/12/2004 5:15:52 PM EDT
[#2]
How does Duracoat compare against Roguard?
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 6:15:16 PM EDT
[#3]
What is Roguard? Is that Robars finish? I am unfamiliar with it so I can not make a comparison. However I will say this. My roommates .50 built by robar has some form of a molly finish on it and it seems as durable as Duracoat.

IPSC_GUY
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 6:31:47 PM EDT
[#4]
That's the meanest looking STI I've seen in my life.  Let me know if you ever wanna get rid of it!

I have used a lot of Dura-Coat.  Many companies make good finshes these days, I used Dura-Coat first and never had any reason to change.  It has weathered the deserts of SE Asia a few times now.  Knives, guns, etc.  All look about the same as the day I baked them.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 7:27:12 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm actually heading out to the garage to refinish an 11-87 using Norrells.  It is simple to apply, and wears well.  It is also pretty inexpensive to buy, which is a nice bonus.  

I'm not sure what you are looking to refinish, or to send out, but here are a few pics of Norrells work I've done in my garage.

The 1911 is refinished with a SOCOM (Matte black) slide and parts, and a OD green frame.
BEFORE

AFTER

Here is an AR15 that I did with the Carry Handle, Upper & Lower Reciever being Grayish Black, and all other parts in SOCOM(Matte black).

Link Posted: 9/12/2004 8:46:40 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
can u guys tell me if you folks have had duracoat added to your weapons exterior and what are your views on it...thanx

I am very satisfied w/ the DURACOAT finish that i applied in a vietnam vintage COLT lower. The finish is very even and wears well. Very resistant to impact too. i will never use any other firearm finish (other than the original anodizing that came with gun)for my firearm projects and refinishings.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top