Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 3/7/2010 5:23:35 PM EDT
Have ML3's, tell me your thoughts and opinions on the T-1
Link Posted: 3/7/2010 5:40:58 PM EDT
A solid red-dot optic with minimal added weight. Love it.
Link Posted: 3/7/2010 5:43:23 PM EDT
I have a M4s and a T-1. I bought the T-1 to mount on an ultimak rail on my AK-103 clone and the M4s is on a LMT piston MRP. If I had to do it over again I would have just bought 2 T-1's. I dont feel like I gain much with the M4s besides the ablity to use AA batteries and the 2moa dot. Both of which are nice but do not make up for the weight difference or the increase in obstructed line of sight. I run a magnafier behind the M4s but you can still run it behind the T-1. It might not be the best optic for long range but if you want that get a 1-4x variable or an ACOG. Untill Aimpoint releases an updated micro any RDS I buy will be a T-1.
Link Posted: 3/7/2010 5:47:29 PM EDT
I am really torn between the Trijicon 1x4x24 and the Aimpoint T-1. I want the magnification of the Trijicon and the weight of the aimpoint.
Link Posted: 3/7/2010 6:49:28 PM EDT
I like my ml3 more than my h1 for a stand alone red dot.

However, my needs have changed and I use the h1 offset to the side of a scope. The ml3 is big for this type of use and is not getting used at all.

My opinion is this is what the micro is for (being able to put a tuff red dot where a full size won't fit or is cumbersome).

I would not "upgrade" from a ml3 to a h1.
Link Posted: 3/7/2010 7:03:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/7/2010 7:05:06 PM EDT by Overton-AR]
The BEST thing about the Aimpoint Micro is that almost EVERYONE thinks are the best thing since sliced bread. I bought one with a Larue mount for $542 and when I decided I didn't like it, I was able to trade it straight across for a brand new in box, $700 Aimpoint CompM4. (Flame suit it ON)
Honestly its just personal preference, but to me the micros don't offer ANYTHING other than 8 ounces of weight savings. I consider myself a pretty tough guy, I can handle the extra 8 ounces.

(and yes, I weighed both optics in their respective Larue mounts.....the difference was EXACTLY 8 ounces)
Link Posted: 3/7/2010 7:16:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/7/2010 7:17:44 PM EDT by F22_RaptoR]
ULTRA light, doesn't take up very much rail space, doesn't stick out and make an "easy to snag" thing. Very rugged and recoil/shock proof.

ETA

I had an ML3 that I sold to get my T1, and I really liked my ML3, so I wouldn't feel bad with the ML3 at all
Link Posted: 3/7/2010 7:19:24 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Overton-AR:
The BEST thing about the Aimpoint Micro is that almost EVERYONE thinks are the best thing since sliced bread. I bought one with a Larue mount for $542 and when I decided I didn't like it, I was able to trade it straight across for a brand new in box, $700 Aimpoint CompM4. (Flame suit it ON)
Honestly its just personal preference, but to me the micros don't offer ANYTHING other than 8 ounces of weight savings. I consider myself a pretty tough guy, I can handle the extra 8 ounces.

(and yes, I weighed both optics in their respective Larue mounts.....the difference was EXACTLY 8 ounces)

In your opinion, what do you get with the M4, in return for the 8 oz penalty? Just asking, as I'm interested in getting an M4, myself. I already have a T1.
Link Posted: 3/7/2010 8:19:09 PM EDT
I had an H1, until recently. It was a very nice sight and added almost no weight to the rifle. I just couldn't get my self to fall in love with it. I like having the tube to look through. When I go to the range, I tend to shoot at very small targets from 25 to 100 yards using targets ranging from clay pigeons to candy wafers. When I'm pinpoint shooting like that, I have a hard time keeping both eyes open and being able to get that accurate. It may be because of my vision, but in any case, the M3 works better for me. I also didn't like the sight picture using a magnifier with the H1. It did work, but not what I'd call ideal.

Before I sold it, I relegated it to use as a side mounted quick sight next to a magnified optic, but as small as it was, I thought it was too big for that role. The only problem I had with it was that the battery compartment would sometimes loosen up when adjusting the brightness of the dot. If you want something fast that disappears when you leave both eyes open, the T1/H1 is the way to go. If you are going to add a magnifier or just do better with tubes, go with something else.
Link Posted: 3/7/2010 8:31:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/7/2010 8:32:23 PM EDT by Overton-AR]
Originally Posted By SoCal_Alan:

In your opinion, what do you get with the M4, in return for the 8 oz penalty? Just asking, as I'm interested in getting an M4, myself. I already have a T1.

- 2 moa dot
- 30 mm tube
- proper absolute co-witness (I HATE lower 1/3 witness)
- AA battery (available ANYWHERE)
- 80,000 hour battery life

People can argue the battery life all day long, but I listed it last because it is of little importance. The first 3 items are the important ones.
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 1:00:45 AM EDT
I just used a Konus micro for a Speed Steel competition today. It was my first time using a micro style other than the JPoint type red dots. What it seemed like to me today is that with the micro on a carbine it was easier for my brain to superimpose the dot on the image with both eyes open. It seemed this allowed me to have a bit more peripheral vision or I guess less tunnel vision. I just started using the micro dot, but it seems like the smaller body doesn't reduce the view in my support eye as much as a wider body. The micro also seemed to force me to have a more consistent cheek weld.

Again I'm a noob to the Micro style red dot and I've only used it for one competition, but so far I'm liking it a lot more than I thought I would. I thought it would take me a while to get used to it, but I found it to be opposite. I wonder if anyone else has made the same observation.

Link Posted: 3/8/2010 1:17:24 AM EDT
Originally Posted By F22_RaptoR:
ULTRA light, doesn't take up very much rail space, doesn't stick out and make an "easy to snag" thing. Very rugged and recoil/shock proof.

This is why I like the Micro...

- 2 moa dot
- 30 mm tube
- proper absolute co-witness (I HATE lower 1/3 witness)
- AA battery (available ANYWHERE)
- 80,000 hour battery life

But there are definite benefits to the M4 and many people stick with them for these reasons.

Link Posted: 3/8/2010 5:55:04 AM EDT
Another reason to like the M4 over a T-1 ..... flip-up caps.
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 7:39:41 AM EDT
I do like that you can utilize the flip up caps . My whole theory on the SBR the sight is going on, is to be light and maneuverable. Hate to add the weight of a scope, but like the magnification. Decisions.....decisions...
Originally Posted By MrPink:

Link Posted: 3/8/2010 7:55:57 AM EDT
I've got an H-1 on the way and plan to buy a CompM4 very soon. Own both and you don't have to decide.
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 7:56:03 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Spikes08:
I do like that you can utilize the flip up caps . My whole theory on the SBR the sight is going on, is to be light and maneuverable. Hate to add the weight of a scope, but like the magnification. Decisions.....decisions...
Originally Posted By MrPink:

Compact ACOG?
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 8:00:54 AM EDT
my new T1 flickers on and off
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 8:10:40 AM EDT
That's not the first time I have heard that.
Originally Posted By stretch415:

Link Posted: 3/8/2010 8:12:44 AM EDT
Pic request of a compact ACOG with Larue mount.
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 9:11:43 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/8/2010 9:12:23 AM EDT by WasatchAR]
Woops forgot to quote.
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 9:12:35 AM EDT
Originally Posted By stretch415:

tighten the batt compartment a little bit more. If no joy. Call 703-263-9795 X223 and ask for John,

Top Top