Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
PSA
Member Login

Site Notices
7/8/2020 3:01:36 PM
Posted: 5/1/2011 1:55:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 5/2/2011 4:04:14 AM EDT by Pacodutaco]
I am trying to decide on a drop-in rail for a M4gery I am building.  I see several companies offer similar such as Troy, Midwest Industries and YHM.  Anyone have any comments about which I should consider purchasing?  I am new to the whole drop-in rail thing.  I tend to gravitate towards the A2 platform so on this build I am in uncharted water so to speak.
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 1:59:12 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Pacodutaco:
I am trying to decide on a drop-in rail for a M4gery I am building.  I see several companies offer similar such as Troy, Midwest Industries and YHM.  Anyone have any comments about which I should consider purchasing?  I am new to the whole drop-in rail thing.  I tend to gravitate towards the A2 platform so on this build I am in uncharted water so to speak.

Ive had one and its what weve all come to expect from DD. the rail is strong mount up solidly.

It mounts to the barrel nut and the handguard cap, but for extra strength it has 4 screws that screw into the barrel nut to give it a much better lockup.

If u want a non FF drop in i highly recomend it
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 2:12:29 PM EDT
If you want a true M4gery then get the KAC RAS. I have an EZ CAR on a SBR & I like it a lot. It's LW & i like how it screws to the barrel nut making for a zero movement system.
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 2:26:16 PM EDT
All the drop-in rails in your poll should satisfy the user, it's just a matter of personal preference.

I have a DD EZ CAR 7.0 which I got over a year ago, compared to my other rails, the side rails are wider than every one that I have which are LaRue, KAC, and Samson.

The picatinny rails are all in spec and I just mounted my light with a DD offset QD light mount and a VFG, the fit of the rail to my carbine is very tight, no movement at all and feels very solid.

When I installed it, I used my spare detachable carry handle to line up the upper receiver rail with the DD top rail, torqued the two upper set screws a little at a time so it would be as straight as possible.

My DD is just my second favorite drop-in rail, my favorite is my Knight's Armament Company (KAC) M4 RAS (non free floating) rails, it's the most issued rail for the M4 carbine in the military, and also very solid lockup with it's upper half's internal mounting bracket with the barrel nut.

The KAC M4 RAS rails are available at a good affordable price at the Equipment Exchange which that's where I got mine.

Link Posted: 5/1/2011 2:50:34 PM EDT
+1 KAC RAS
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 2:52:02 PM EDT
KAC M4 RAS.  Without question.

~Augee
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 4:58:34 PM EDT
Originally Posted By warpig8654:
If you want a true M4gery then get the KAC RAS. I have an EZ CAR on a SBR & I like it a lot. It's LW & i like how it screws to the barrel nut making for a zero movement system.

Warpig, I have not tried the DD EZ. Is the top rail level with the receiver rail?
Dave N

Link Posted: 5/1/2011 6:08:39 PM EDT
Originally Posted By shadowcop:

Warpig, I have not tried the DD EZ. Is the top rail level with the receiver rail?
Dave N

it was on mine, its basically a wider non FF omega rail
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 2:58:08 AM EDT
Originally Posted By shadowcop:

Dave N

Affirm.
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 4:43:44 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 5/2/2011 4:45:59 AM EDT by DanTSX]
EZ CAR

If not, go with a slightly used, factory second (great deal right now!), etc  Knights RAS.

I wouldn't bother with the other rails in the list with the DD and KAC stuff out there for not much scratch.  Their reputations are not by accident.

see below link
http://www.knightarmco.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=2&products_id=32
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 2:27:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 5/2/2011 2:29:05 PM EDT by shadowcop]
Thanks. I'll have to give one a try for the money.
Too bad they did not add QD attachments.
Dave N
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 4:55:24 PM EDT
If you want a true M4gery then get the KAC RAS.

this

Link Posted: 5/3/2011 8:07:00 AM EDT
The thing that makes the DD EZ CAR my favorite is the lip that "connects" the rails on the upper receiver to the rest of the rails on the EZ CAR.  makes for one continuous rail on top.
Top Top