Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/9/2006 5:50:38 AM EDT
Just picked one up, seems jam up.  Experienced not one ftf or fte yet out of 100 rds or so. Anyone had any adverse affects with their ARs after long term use?

Installed on RRA tactical entry, chrome lined, 5.56, 1/9
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 6:11:25 AM EDT
[#1]
I've got one that I used to use alot. It was a real piece of crapola. To make a long story short, constant fail to feeds, even sent it back 3-4 times to Ciener who never did figure out how to make it run 100%. I still get about 3-5 jams per 30-rd mag. Needless to say I hardly ever use it. But I wouldn't feel right selling it to some unsuspecting buyer, as it IS real unreliable.

The pistol unit I had from him was even worse. Utter garbage. I threw that one in the trash and wrote off the money as a learning experience.

If you're using  it much, fire a .223 or 2 at the end of your session to blow any crap that might have accumulated in the gas tube out. Seems to be more of a problem with lead 22LR slugs than copper-jacketed ones.

There is a forumn dedicated to 22 conversion units, as I recall. You might get better info there. It's called the Rimfire and Pistol calibers forumn (under AR15 forumns).
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 6:45:13 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 6:59:12 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I have a much different experience than the above poster. I have had one for several years, and while it was new, I had a few problems, but soon after it was very reliable. I use only CCI Maxi Mags or other sufficiently powered .22 ammo. It makes the gun pretty dirty though.

Hi. I picked it up from your shop yesterday and so far I'm very pleased. Very tight groups at 30 yrds. I'm using the CCI mini mags and so far its works flawlessly.  
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top