Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/6/2012 5:30:00 PM EDT
Was about to go pick up a spikes or Mega lower tomorrow locally, but they are out. I do think they have a BRO Billet lower, but I am not familiar with them. Are they any good?
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 5:37:08 PM EDT
[#1]
They are tacticool, thats for sure

Someone had a picture of a gun with all "BRO" parts on it. Lets just say it was a disaster.

That being said, they most likely dont make the lower. And lowers are generally all good.
The whole point of Billet is because you think it looks cool, or has ambi controls you like.

So if it floats your boat........
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 5:40:16 PM EDT
[#2]
I guess for the most part, at least for me, it's just something a little different I guess.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 6:53:26 PM EDT
[#3]
i just bought one because the store was out of noveskis and spikes lowers and i wanted to get my paperwork in for my 9 inch sbr 300blk upper. . Its my first billet lower and does look amazing, but you would benefit more from putting the extra money into a trigger or something of that sort.

Im going to have the lower for a long time since it is going to be on my trust, so it made sense at the time  
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 7:22:56 PM EDT
[#4]
The receivers are fucking sexy. I don't care at all for their flash hider, but I think the receivers are some of the best looking on the market. I used a set for an SPR build, and it was money well spent.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 8:33:41 PM EDT
[#5]
If you go with the Mega, you will not be disappointed:

Link Posted: 1/6/2012 8:43:35 PM EDT
[#6]
If I were to get a billet lower it would have to offer features that forged lowers don't have like ambi controls, therefore I would only the AR15.com lower.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 9:12:10 PM EDT
[#7]
He is out of the others I was considering. I emailed him and asked if maybe he would give me a particularly good deal on the BRO lower. We'll see what he says!
Link Posted: 1/7/2012 10:43:32 AM EDT
[#8]
I wanted a BRO upper and Lower as soon as I saw photos of them. Not too many folks use BRO because of their price and they only sell to certain dealers. For an AR receiver, or even a billet AR receiver, they are on the extreme high side. That being said, I have a 2nd generation receiver set that is becoming a SBR. Been working on this project for a couple years now and am on the last lap. I love the look, features and they just do not look like every other AR out there. Are they a quality lower? Yes.
Link Posted: 1/7/2012 11:00:56 AM EDT
[#9]
Well, He didn't want to come down on the price of the lower. He is asking $184.00. I am actually really digging the Rainier Arms Zombie lower too, not billet, but I'm not specifically looking for billet. The Zombie lower is only 40bucks cheaper than the BRO lower............wish I could make up my mind.
Link Posted: 1/7/2012 1:51:49 PM EDT
[#10]
This is where the "looks like the next guys" got me moving toward a billet build. I'm sure either would make a great rifle. What is the big square "symbol" on the side of the Rainier Arms mag well? Looks like one of the codes to scan with a smartphone?
Link Posted: 1/7/2012 2:20:02 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
If I were to get a billet lower it would have to offer features that forged lowers don't have like ambi controls, therefore I would only the AR15.com lower.

Mega Arms makes a sweet ambi lower, as do several other companies.

The BRO stuff looks great, but I think it's a little expensive. If you don't mind paying extra, go for it, get something different!
Link Posted: 1/7/2012 3:28:59 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
This is where the "looks like the next guys" got me moving toward a billet build. I'm sure either would make a great rifle. What is the big square "symbol" on the side of the Rainier Arms mag well? Looks like one of the codes to scan with a smartphone?

It is. If you scan it, is says Zombie Hunter, or something like that I guess.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top