Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/4/2004 8:20:54 PM EDT
I want to cut my BM 16” Post Ban carbine barrel and have it threaded to add a flash hider to overall length of 16+ inches.  From my research it seems that my best choices are between Vortex, Phantom and the standard A2 flash hiders.  

Is one of these actually much better than others?  What are the pros and cons of each model?  I’m thinking about getting the A2 since it seems to be the shortest length so I can maximize the rifled barrel.  

What ever I choose it better be the right one since it will be permanently attached.
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 8:24:32 PM EDT
[#1]
If you like A2, have the barrel cut to 15.1 inches and have on attached. In order of effectiveness, from least to most:

A2
A1
Old three prong
Old Phantom
Phantom 5c1 or 5C2
Newest vortex

With the Phantom and Vortex, you can have a 14.5 barrel or go back to 13 and some if you want the absolute shortest length.
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 9:11:19 PM EDT
[#2]
But keep in mind, if you cut the barrel itself below 16", you'll have to have the flash suppressor permanently attached.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 9:21:55 AM EDT
[#3]
From Forest; Muzzle Devices
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top