Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/4/2004 9:56:44 AM EDT
Everyone,

I just got a Rock River Arms M4, and I'd like to utilize my Tasco PDP2 (25mm red dot) with my flat top.   Obviously, if I mount it to the flat top directly, its too low and the red dot appears directly in the middle of the A frame of the front sight.

So my questions are as such:

Do I just have to get something else?
What sort of mount could i get wherein I could 'cowitness' right red dot and the sights?

I don't have a rear sight yet either.

I've gone through the whole forum and seen nothing that would answer this directly, and I'm not willing to spend 400 bux on a aimpoint, as I'm not planning on going into combat anytime soon, and I like my PDP2...although I could consider a Tacpoint.

Which brings the next question - I'm guessing the supplied mount (Rings) which come with the tacpoints are no good either, and you need to get a mount too, to have it as I want to have it.

Right?

Help.
Thanks.
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 10:06:59 AM EDT
[#1]
So far, from what I've read, your PDP2 would be considered at least as good as, if not better than, the Tacpoint for the money.   YHM makes 1/2 inch risers which I'm quite sure would work to raise your scope.
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 10:21:29 AM EDT
[#2]
Thank you very much for your prompt reply!

I found these quick detach rings from Bushmaster that would likely do the same job, and give hte quick detatch capability as well -

The question is,  I guess, is 1/2" or 3/4"?

I'm looking at this as a back up rear sight in tandem.

[url[http://www.bushmaster.com/shopping/bmas/yhm-9440.asp

Thoughts?
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top