Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 10/4/2004 8:56:44 AM EST
Everyone,

I just got a Rock River Arms M4, and I'd like to utilize my Tasco PDP2 (25mm red dot) with my flat top. Obviously, if I mount it to the flat top directly, its too low and the red dot appears directly in the middle of the A frame of the front sight.

So my questions are as such:

Do I just have to get something else?
What sort of mount could i get wherein I could 'cowitness' right red dot and the sights?

I don't have a rear sight yet either.

I've gone through the whole forum and seen nothing that would answer this directly, and I'm not willing to spend 400 bux on a aimpoint, as I'm not planning on going into combat anytime soon, and I like my PDP2...although I could consider a Tacpoint.

Which brings the next question - I'm guessing the supplied mount (Rings) which come with the tacpoints are no good either, and you need to get a mount too, to have it as I want to have it.

Right?

Help.
Thanks.
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 9:06:59 AM EST
So far, from what I've read, your PDP2 would be considered at least as good as, if not better than, the Tacpoint for the money. YHM makes 1/2 inch risers which I'm quite sure would work to raise your scope.
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 9:21:29 AM EST
Thank you very much for your prompt reply!

I found these quick detach rings from Bushmaster that would likely do the same job, and give hte quick detatch capability as well -

The question is, I guess, is 1/2" or 3/4"?

I'm looking at this as a back up rear sight in tandem.

[url[http://www.bushmaster.com/shopping/bmas/yhm-9440.asp

Thoughts?
Top Top