Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/6/2003 12:10:05 PM EDT
I'm interested in adding a set of target style adjustment knobs to my Leupold Vari-XII 3-9X40.

Dillon offers the Stoney Point removable target knobs.  Are these a good alternative?  Do they offer click adjustments?

Here's a link to the product (Dillon's site is down): www.gunaccessories.com/StoneyPoint/TargetKnobs.asp

Are there any other alternatives out there?

TIA
Link Posted: 9/6/2003 12:16:47 PM EDT
[#1]
I would send it off to premierreticles.com and have them install the target elevation turret only. Might even want to have a mil-dot reticle installed while it is there.
Link Posted: 9/6/2003 12:53:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Mark Kenton
[url]www.kentonindustries.com[/url]
Link Posted: 9/6/2003 5:56:24 PM EDT
[#3]
I just inquired about the same information from Leupold.  They said that they would install "factory" resetable-zero target turrets for $85.00, and also they would install a mil-dot reticle for $130.00.  You would also have to include $7.00 for return shipping.

I personally would rather have factory Leupold turrets than Stoney Point aftermarket ones, even if they are a little cheaper.

Harry
Link Posted: 9/6/2003 6:18:38 PM EDT
[#4]
I bought some of the Stoney Point knobs, and they were junk.
Link Posted: 9/6/2003 6:26:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Mark Kenton
[url]www.kentonindustries.com[/url]
View Quote

Great link.  Thanks!!!
Link Posted: 9/6/2003 6:28:37 PM EDT
[#6]
HarryD,

Go directly to Premier Reticles, that's who Leupold will ship the scope to for the work. Might be faster and cheaper.
Link Posted: 9/6/2003 6:53:48 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks!  Great advice on the Leupold factory parts!

Corey
Link Posted: 9/7/2003 12:13:57 PM EDT
[#8]
Corey,, A buddy of mine works at premiere ret.  If you need any help give my a holla.............UNDERDOG
Link Posted: 9/10/2003 11:19:50 AM EDT
[#9]
I've used the Stoney Point on a Simmons with sucess and they make a model for Leupold.  They will have click adjustments only if the scope they are mounted on does.
Link Posted: 9/10/2003 11:34:10 AM EDT
[#10]
We experimented with several sets of these and the only ones that are still in use are the ones which dad re-tapped and threaded with larger set screws.

As they come you'll be lucky to get them installed without STRIPPING the threads on the 3 set screws that are supposed to hold the dial to the shaft.

As far as the others, by Kenton, what are chances your barrel length, bullet weight, twist rate, and powder/primer/cartridge combo are gonna fit their BDC scales, I'm betting slim and none.....

Nothing beats a mildot Leupold with real turrets, IMO.

Mike
Link Posted: 9/11/2003 4:19:51 AM EDT
[#11]
I checked with Precision Reticles, and they will install Leupold target turrets for $75.00 and require $12.00 for return shipping(slightly less than from Leupold).  One thing that I did not know until talking with Leupold is that by installing factory target turrets on a Vari-X II(w/ friction adjustments), you will get "click" adjustments with the new knobs.

Harry
Link Posted: 9/11/2003 9:28:48 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I checked with Precision Reticles, and they will install Leupold target turrets for $75.00 and require $12.00 for return shipping(slightly less than from Leupold).  One thing that I did not know until talking with Leupold is that by installing factory target turrets on a Vari-X II(w/ friction adjustments), you will get "click" adjustments with the new knobs.

Harry
View Quote

That's great info!  I've been meaning to contact them but this project has always been on the back burner.  This info might get me moving on it....

Thanks,

Corey
Link Posted: 9/11/2003 10:58:17 AM EDT
[#13]
Corey, When you call Premiere ask for Rob, And tell em i sent you.......
Link Posted: 9/11/2003 1:24:08 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Corey, When you call Premiere ask for Rob, And tell em i sent you.......
View Quote

Roger that, and thanks!

I probably won't call them immediately, but when I do I'll let him know.

Corey
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top