Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/24/2005 5:51:00 PM EDT
Which would be a better idea for a tactical light, a pressure switch or the push button?

I understand that the answer might be... "whatever suits you best".  But I just wanted to hear peoples' opinions and reasons for what they use.

I was thinking the push button would win in the simplicity and durability department.

I also read a post in the Sampson light mount thread about spec-forces moving away from the tape switch.  (please, let's not turn this into a "you have to be like the spec ops" thread, it is just easy to take the lessons the fighting community learns to heart)

Thank you all in advance.

Have a good one.

Stainless
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 5:56:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 5:57:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 6:07:50 PM EDT
[#3]
I was using a pushbutton (tail end of a SureFire G2) by pressing it with the front edge of my hand with it mounted at 6 o'clock.  That was simple and inexpensive, but since I shoot while holding onto the magwell, it meant I had to change my hold just for using the light.  I've since added a Pentagon X3 with a tape switch (stuck to the side of the mag well) and I like it a lot better.

I might be concerned about the durability of the wire/switch if I were in a more hostile situation, but for my needs I think it will be fine.

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top