Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/15/2004 1:03:18 PM EDT
Does anybody have any experience with Tapcos M4 buttstock? It looks like a good value at $49. Also what about their detachable carrying handle? It's $39.95, by far the cheapest I've ever seen. I was going to go with an A2 upper but if this handle is good I may just go with a flat top and add that handle to it.

There is so many damn AR parts that I don't what to do any more. My plan was to get a stripped lower which I did get (an Ameetec) and add a Model 1 M4 kit, but now I'm hearing Model 1 sucks so I'm starting to doubt them. If I go with RRA parts or something along those lines it's going to end up costing me as much as a factory complete RRA rifle. My original plans were to build a M4 for under $600 which could be done with a Model 1 kit, but I don't like their M4 buttstock so I'd have to add my own and I hear their lower parts suck and that would be another $55 for a different LPK . Add this stuff up and I'm near the price of a RRA since I can get one on the EE for $719 minus a carrying handle.

I'm about ready to sell my Ameetec lower and just re-think the whole process.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 1:54:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Nevermind on the Tapco stuff. Did a search and it seems pretty unanimous that the carry handle sucks and the buttstock is at best average.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 4:58:03 PM EDT
[#2]
I bought 2 of there M4 buttstocks for $29 a piece no problems other than they where OD green well kinda but a little krylon flat black and good to go, the carrying handle is cheaply made but does holds zero and I only bought it as a back up ( not to mention just wanted to test it out) hope that helps.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 5:21:24 PM EDT
[#3]
i might buy a couple of their handles to cut down as BUIS, tapco stuff is tricky you really have to scrutinize the pics. TAPCO however has incredible customer service and a friendly and helpful staff. if they have something that meets your needs try them.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 6:54:32 PM EDT
[#4]
There's a long thread down in the Rifles & Parts forum on the Tapco carry handles--go read that. Several different opinions on them.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top