Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/22/2006 4:08:55 PM EDT
I bought two of these kits to revitlize 20 of my old "pre ban" magazines, which are mostly Center, Parsons and Okay. I have since revitilized 20 range magazines and they work as if they were brand new. The follower is a different color of green and doesn't appear to be as "soft" as a USGI green follower, though it is of the same design. Springs appear identical to USGI springs. While they work and are cost effective, I don't really trust Tapco. It gave my range magazines a new lease on life for much less than the cost of replacements and reliability has been every bit as good as my D&H magazines. Has anyone else used these kits in thier magazines and what have your experiences been? I have a large supply of new LEO Center/Okay and D&H black/grey magazines for defensive use as magazines aren't something to skimp on for a defensive weapon. For those of you who have used this kit, would you use them as defensive magazines? They seem to work well, but I don't trust Tapco with my life. Any thoughts/opinions/experience?
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 4:23:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 12:34:13 AM EDT
[#2]
I completely agree with you....about magazines, anyways
In my Blackhawk chest rig, I have 12 black teflon D&H magazines with red Magpul followers and SA springs, with stock floor plates. Ranger plates and the like don't really do much for me, personally. Over the years, I amassed a considerable stockpile of pre-ban magazines ranging from beat, to nearly new. I even managed to aquire some FNC magazines in the mix. When the ban sunset, I capitalized and bought a sizable suplyof "fighting magazines" as opposed to trusting my life with a disposible magazine older than I am. Instead of throwing these magazines out, I elected to rebuild them, even though many still worked. The Tapco kits were 20 bucks for 10 springs/followers/dust covers and magazine pouch. So far, I have had absolutely no failures and they work exceptionally well, which is surpising for Tapco. All in all, it was worth doing as it allowed me to have training magazines which are absolutely reliable that I can beat on without having to put wear/tear on my defensive magazines. While they work for me, I was just curious to see what the general consensus was and if my experience was typical. While these magazines wouldn't be my first choice, they wouldn't be my last....that title goes to whatever Orlite/Thermelts I still have which haven't turned into bookends/shelves. They work great for this task.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 3:02:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top