Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/8/2010 4:57:52 PM EDT
Anyone have any experience with them?

How light are they?  Do they stay put? Are the rails durable?

I like the concept for mounting lights, VFG's and other non-optic accessories, but am curious if they hold up well to regular use.
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 5:32:37 PM EDT
[#1]
I have the Tapco Intrafuze front handguard for an AK. Fits fine, and locks up tight, BUT... that rail cover for the bottom is a POS. Utter junk. The retaining tab does not hold tension at all, and will slip right off when just holding the weapon. I had to add a pop rivet. It is also kind of skinny, but thats normal on the AK. The rail is just polycarbonate plastic, and would hold minor accessories if you don't plan to take it off much.

I like the heat shield, and to have an option for a rail, but that intergrated cover is junk.
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 6:33:42 PM EDT
[#2]
the ar ones, at least my set don't have heat shields.  they seem to work and look kind of cool.  i have the set on my girlfriends rifle which doesn't get shot much so it's perfect for her
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 6:56:09 PM EDT
[#3]
for looks they are ok i guess  but i would not mount any thing on them like a laser and your fpg might wiggle some or a lot
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 7:54:27 PM EDT
[#4]
My experience with Tapco (I have a bunch of it on my Saiga) is that their stuff is fine, but feels pretty cheap.

If you're wanting an inexpensive forearm that doesn't require removal of the barrel nut, many people are quite pleased with the MagPul MOE handguard, and my experience with MagPul is that their stuff is a little higher quality than Tapco, though I have no personal experience with the MOE itself.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top