Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
1/22/2020 12:12:56 PM
Posted: 10/8/2007 11:44:28 AM EST
Am I correct to ASSume that if a Tangodown PR-4 mount is used, the stock will not lock into the first position? I don't see that it would matter what kind of stock is used, but I don't have any hands on with it.

So do you you loose the fully closed position with the PR-4?
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 12:18:59 PM EST
You lose the "fully closed-but not locked" position, but the first locking position is saved. I think. I'll check later.
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 7:51:11 AM EST
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 9:53:02 AM EST
I forgot to check last night, but did at lunch today, and you actually do lose the first position. For a "quick attach" solution, this is fine with me, but I would prefer to have the much more permanent (and more difficult to install) Knights Armament 24103, which is slimmer.
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 9:06:36 PM EST

Originally Posted By Lancelot:
It will not lock on the first or completely closed position.

It makes no difference to me since I'm taller and don't run it closed anyway. I run a VTAC with the swivel in the rear position and can't think of a better setup. I do wish the PR4 was a little smaller, since I don't use the side holes, but for those that do I don't think you could get it any smaller.

I did a review on this thing when it came out. The review is gone but I still have the pics.

coloradoshooting.org/ipw-web/gallery/tdpr4

Pics of a Colt, Vltor, and Crane stock. Then pics of my old carbine with the PR4 and a Vltor installed.

thanks for the link. The tango down looks great.
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 9:26:27 PM EST
If you want a simular sling attachment point that still allows full closure of the stock then KAC has one
Top Top