Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/22/2007 8:16:53 PM EDT
I am looking to replace the mil spec, pistol grip that my CAR-15 came with.  I see by doing a little research on the internet that the, "Tango Down" grip seems to be the hot item right now.  Just looking at pictures and descriptions I don't get what the great benefits of the Tango Down are.  It has no finger groves that I can see and looks pretty plain.  The Ergo models with the web of the hand support and the finger groves looks pretty comfortable (pictures of it do anyway), and I can see how the rubber coated version would be easy to grip.

Can anyone tell me what the big deal is with the Tango Down and please give me some suggestions on what style and brand seems to be the best?  Thanks
Link Posted: 4/22/2007 8:39:32 PM EDT
[#1]
It's what they use on the HK 416, maybe thats why its so cool.  I just like the feeling, look, and storage ability.
Link Posted: 4/22/2007 8:41:04 PM EDT
[#2]
i love the tangodown. i own 6 of them and would buy more.
Link Posted: 4/22/2007 9:02:32 PM EDT
[#3]
I think the Tango Down pistol grip used to be the "hot item" until the Magpul MIAD came along and changed that. I tried the TD grip but it's too small for my hands. If the TD grip was a little bigger I might have kept it. I personnaly think the MIAD grip is the best out there right now.
Link Posted: 4/22/2007 10:09:11 PM EDT
[#4]
I like the feel of my Tangodown grip. Plus it looks like it has a bit more storage room inside of the grip than most other grips I have seen. Plus it is made a lot better than the really cheap grips.
Beware if you have YHM rails the grip is very tight to install.
I sanded on my grip, had to use a hammer get it to move.
I stopped before I tore stuff up and done a search here for TD grip problems.
Most had a hard time getting it installed.
Someone else here had their grip mounted on a ARMS mount, then mounted to the rails.
I did this to mine...had to sand and pound the grip on to the adapter but now I can adjust the grip to any position on the rails with ease...or take it off in seconds.
Here is the ARMS mount. A.R.M.S mount 17DR

Link Posted: 4/22/2007 10:17:45 PM EDT
[#5]
I had the TD grip and it was great.. THen I found the MIAD and that's what I currently have and I have the TD grip in my spares box for a possible next build.
Link Posted: 4/22/2007 11:18:00 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I just like the feeling, look, and storage ability.

+1

i just wish they made it a little bigger for more gripping area
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top