Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/15/2008 7:39:58 PM EDT
I bought this Tango Down VFG as "OD green" used online.  It is in excellent condition, but it appears to me to be too light.  It looks more like the "foliage green" one from this picture to me:

Here is the actual grip with my RRA stock, Hogue grip, FAB Defense VFG (waaaaaay off in the funky radioactive green color), and Ergo/Falcon rail covers.  Everything but the FAB VFG is almost exactly the same color, and the Tango Down looks lighter, but shows up a lot darker in these pictures with bad lighting than in real life.  I have zero experience w/foliage green, so this may indeed be OD and just lighter.  If you can tell, is that grip OD, or is that foliage green?

Thanks!

ETA: Better pictures outside in natural light.

Link Posted: 7/15/2008 8:37:14 PM EDT
[#1]
I would say foliage looking at your pic and the advertisement.
Link Posted: 7/15/2008 9:46:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/15/2008 10:14:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/16/2008 4:19:33 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Based on the lighting it could be either.  Depending on the whitebalance on your camera, as well as the setting on individual monitors, its a hard call to make.

Yeah, I need to get some pictures with better lighting.  It looks close in color in these pictures, but in my hand, it looks like a washed-out, UV-damaged OD (more mint-grayish than green).  If I can ever find some time at home today when the sun is still shining, I will take some pics with natural light.

Thank you for the replies so far, everyone.
Link Posted: 7/16/2008 4:26:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Better pictures added.  I think it is foliage green.  Pretty sure now that I've seen more foliage online.
Link Posted: 7/17/2008 1:53:42 AM EDT
[#6]
Looks like foliage green to me on this monitor.
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 7:58:36 PM EDT
[#7]
foliage green, without a doubt
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 8:37:07 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 4:51:05 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
New pics dial it in as FG, thanks for taking the new ones.  

No, thank you!  I really appreciate the input from all you guys.  

I see now it's not what I need, so off to the EE I go to sell it.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 7:41:01 PM EDT
[#10]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top