Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/13/2004 9:36:43 AM EDT
I have seen the posts for the Sirs rail system but I have the DPMS 4 rail handguard and am having a tough time getting the vertical grip on it. I was thinking I need to break out the file. Has anyone had to do this on one of the DPMS rail systems? If so, what exactly did you file to get it to fit? Any help is greatly appreciated.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 2:53:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Also interested to find out.

I think the DPMS 4-rail is the same as the Yankee Hill Machine deal.
And from what I heard, the TD VFG requires a wee modification to hang on the not-exactly mil-spec Yankee Hill forearm.

Ya heard?
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 4:56:04 AM EDT
[#2]
I got it on. I lubed it up real well and tapped it on with a small hammer. Once the rail shaved off the small amount of extra plastic that was holding it back it slid right down with a little help from the hammer. Did not take much force just very light taps. It is on there very tight and has no play at all. Not sure it will come back off without the use of the same method but at least it is on there nice and tight.

Link Posted: 10/15/2004 4:34:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 6:17:58 AM EDT
[#4]
You mentioned the SIR issue, which I had.  I ordered the TD Sir rail along with my Vert GRip and was still very tight.

It's rock solid though!

-Hershey
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 11:54:31 AM EDT
[#5]
Grant,

I'm starting to wonder about TD and the mil spec claim. The replacment TD vertical grip on my M73 is slightly loose (not as bad a sthe first one that I sent back), while the TD rail panels fit like a glove. Does TD have different standards for their various products? BTW, I'm not bashing TD, I now have the TD VG, BG and rail covers (all from you, thanks for the great service)!

Chris
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 11:57:30 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 12:38:28 PM EDT
[#7]
I guess I figured that since they both slide on they'd have similar specs on the "V" prtion of the Picatinny cut. Thanks for the quick response and again, thanks for everything! I hope to have a pic of my complete G&R AR soon Chris
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top