Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/19/2004 11:24:44 AM EDT
I am looking at these parts. They seem to be of very good quality, from what I have read. What are peoples opinions about them, good and bad. Also looking for a place to possibly purchase them.

Thanks eagle308us
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 11:40:20 AM EDT
[#1]
Both are high quality items. I really like the battle grip.

The foward grip is bomb proof, and you really have to have an 'in spec' rail for it to work w/o modification.  The shape is unusual, and I found for my hands it work's best when reversed (with the tape switch door facing into my palm - I don't use tape switches so I don't mind the loss of function).
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 11:42:52 AM EDT
[#2]
I have tried many different grips and vert grips and feel the Tango Down are the best for the money.  They fit my hands perfectly as well as my budget.  There are a half dozen vendors on the EE that sell them.  I got mine from G&R Tactical.

Just my .02
MadDog
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 11:52:40 AM EDT
[#3]
I will be mounting to a Daniel Defense rail, so I should not have a problem. I thought they were quality items. Keep those opinions coming.

Thanks. eagle308us
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 12:09:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 12:14:25 PM EDT
[#5]
A common complaint about the TD Battlegrip is that it's too narrow at the top.  I found this to be the case for me, until I put on a Hogue grip sleeve.  Now it's my favorite grip.

Haven't tried the TD VFG, but have heard mostly positive comments.  Oddly enough, one of the complaints I've ready about it is that it's too big girthwise.
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 12:45:52 PM EDT
[#6]
I have the Battlegrip. Love it. The shape is very natural and comfortable for my hand. I also like the built-in "gapper". High quality moulding and mounting hardware. If I were to change anything it would be for a touch more palm swell.
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 1:54:02 PM EDT
[#7]
eagle,

I have both and love em.  The most common coment regarding the BattleGrip(Pistol Grip) in previous threads is that it is narrower then say an A2.  If your hands are on the giant side, it may be small for you.  In my case, it feels perfect.  I've run the vertical with and without a pressure switch and it feels great either way.  All in all they are great products.

good luck with your project
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 2:01:31 PM EDT
[#8]
I have both and I am very pleased with both.  I won't be looking for replacements.  They fit my hands very well.
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 2:32:10 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
www.cltactical.com/TangoDown/TangoDown.htm

I stock all the TD products, give me a call.

And he has excellent customer service (but he's too modest to mention it).

- One of Chen's satisfied customers.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top