Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 11/8/2012 9:39:40 AM EST
I guess what my question should have been is. Are the new tan followers OK or should I replace with Magpuls?
Thanks~
Link Posted: 11/8/2012 1:30:38 PM EST
You can't simply "replace" the tan followers only, because they use a proprietary spring as well.
If you have magazines with the new tan followers and want to change them, you'll need to replace the spring with the follower.
No need actually as the new magazines and tan followers are good to go as is.
Link Posted: 11/8/2012 1:51:31 PM EST
No need to replace an anti-tilt follower with an anti-tilt follower, but I'm sure somehere has.....
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 6:09:30 AM EST
I agree with Gator 57...The new M4/M16 gov spec tan followers are not interchangable with commercial AR mag followers. I know this because my company makes USGI mags for military contracts & we also make commercial AR mags. If you want an anti-tilt follower, then buy a Magpul follower & you don't need to change the spring.
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 4:11:39 PM EST
There are at least two slightly different moulds for the new brown followers. there have been reports of spotty reliability from at least one of the manufacturers of the new brown follower mags. The ones from Brownells seem to have had no issues. So, make sure you try them to make sure they are good to go. IIRC the problems seemed to show up fairly early in use.

advntrjnky
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 5:04:51 PM EST
Originally Posted By bulls_i:
I agree with Gator 57...The new M4/M16 gov spec tan followers are not interchangable with commercial AR mag followers. I know this because my company makes USGI mags for military contracts & we also make commercial AR mags. If you want an anti-tilt follower, then buy a Magpul follower & you don't need to change the spring.

From reading the OP's post, he seems to have the new followers/springs already. If that is the case he already has an anti-tilt follower......
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 5:10:34 PM EST
I never had problems with the old black followers. And the GI green was a big improvement over them. Anything green or later I wouldn't worry about.
Top Top