Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/17/2009 12:30:44 PM EDT
OK, first, sorry to ask this here, but I never seem to get a good number of answers on these things in the non-retro forums unless it's related to rails, holosights, etc.

My Bushmaster 20" A4 is going to require one of the taller front sight posts to get the thing to zero in.  Are there any tritium night sight posts that match this taller height?
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 1:10:17 PM EDT
[#1]
I would suggest trying to zero first with a standard FSP and pursue a taller one only if you run out of adjustments.  

IIRC, when the need for a taller carbine front sight post was recognized back with the XM177, only about 15% were affected due to tolerance stacking, not all carbines or flattops require taller posts.  

~Augee
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 1:49:05 PM EDT
[#2]
This one needs it, for sure.

I had the base of the normal post completely above the top of the FSB, and it was still shooting two inches high.
Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top