Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/30/2003 5:14:31 PM EDT
I recently completed another ground up build, RRA lower, Oly upper. The oldest dauhghters new shooter. So while at the range getting it zeroed for her, I notice that I am way up with the front sight and all the way down on the rear. At 50 meters it is still about 6" high? WTF? I have never ran into this before. Should I go taller front or try another rear sight?
BTW, it has A2 sights on it.

TIA.
CH
Link Posted: 8/30/2003 6:19:09 PM EDT
[#1]
I had the same problem with a post-ban A2 I built last spring.  Mine also shot around 6" high @ 50yds.  I got a taller front sight post from CMMG and it cured the problem.  I still don't know why it shot that high, as the zero did not wander or anything that suggested looseness or a bent barrel or such.

A word of advice on the tall front posts:  They are much thinner than the standard A2 sight, and thusly, easier to accidentally bend!!  Yuo don't want to find out the way I did.  It looks slightly bent, but my rifle is zeroed, so I will leave well enough alone.......
Link Posted: 8/30/2003 6:44:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Sounds about right. I will check out their site and see what they have.
CH
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top